Breakdown Cover France

philshelton

who is best for cover for the hood and how much is it likely to be. taking hood down to duras in france this year. wife her friend and 5 kids in car and me in the hood making my own way at my own pace with a tent and a stove. also what do you guys think i should take as spares?

Check your insurance as their breakdown cover may cover you for France road sure does.

If not adding to policy may still be cheapest option

I take to much in the way of spars, Have been known to carry a spar windscreen ( now sold ) a list:-

Hose clips'

cable ties

Fuel hose

Fuel pump

Wheel bearings

Top ball joint

Bottom ball joint

Fuse

Insulation tape

Assorted connections

Length of wire ( used at Le Mans to make a UHF aerial by BIG Lee last year for the TV )

Metal mend

Some GRP paste

Barry had a RAC inner repair clutch cable the worked when Criss Browns broke last year.

All you really need is good breakdown cover

Stephen

thanx steve will call insurance and see what they can offer. Thanks also for the list any idea where i can get a clutch cable inner was thinking that and throttle cable as 2 of the main things.

phil

Phil

The clutch cable was just a length of inner cable with a removable nipple on each end secured by grub screws. It was made by a rac man for a friend of mine when he broke down and since passed it on to me. It might be easier to just buy a complete cable to carry as a spare, they're not expensive.

Baz

Phil

The clutch cable was just a length of inner cable with a removable nipple on each end secured by grub screws. It was made by a rac man for a friend of mine when he broke down and since passed it on to me. It might be easier to just buy a complete cable to carry as a spare, they're not expensive.

Baz

cheers baz will do its the one thing i can see failing mate dont know about the spare screen seems a bit ott

thanx phil