Accident Repair Photo

Grim

For those of you who haven't seen it, here's a pic of my car with all accident damage repaired. :) Lovely new wishbones!

dscn37511610small.jpg

Close up of wishbones

dscn3753small.jpg

They were custom made for the job, as were most parts!

Believe it or not, it did get a wash, and even more surprisingly i have spent about 3 hours working on it for cosmetic reasons this weekend!

Here are a couple of 'before' photos. Most damage is not really visible, but wishbones were cracked, ball joints top and bottom bent, etc etc.

dscn3730small.jpg

dscn3733small.jpg

Guest chris brown
no no no thats not your car andy yours is a dirty grey road film sort of colour not shiney stainless come on do spoil the look of the grim.

Took the words right out of my mouth Phil. ;) Does that mean I have to clean mine as well now you have set a precedence? :D :D

Joking aside thro Andy it does look good.

Guest Dan_Beeston
They were custom made for the job, as were most parts!

Ahh, I see. We're they custom made by you or for you? I don't suppose you've got any drawings for them have you?

Guest timswait

Looks good. Have you had a chance to try out the handling yet ;) ? I run up into the peaks should should suffice, the sheep s**t should also solve the problem of the cleanliness.

Wishbones custom made for me in situ i believe, so no drawings. I'll be at stoneleigh if anyone wants to take measurements!!!

I've had the car back 2 weeks now so i've given it a good drive for a couple of hundred miles (even managed to get airbourne on Saturday). The handling is very good indeed, i run out of bravery well before i run out of grip. The suspension is a lot more compliant and a lot more confidence inspiring than before. It is set up with a little bit more castor which helps. Even the rear end seems more stable now, the balance is much better.

Wishbones custom made for me in situ i believe, so no drawings. I'll be at stoneleigh if anyone wants to take measurements!!!

I've had the car back 2 weeks now so i've given it a good drive for a couple of hundred miles (even managed to get airbourne on Saturday). The handling is very good indeed, i run out of bravery well before i run out of grip. The suspension is a lot more compliant and a lot more confidence inspiring than before. It is set up with a little bit more castor which helps. Even the rear end seems more stable now, the balance is much better.

Ahhhhh, was that Martin at MK who did the work?

He said he was working on a 2b suspension.