Fixed Scuttle

gomatthome

Just close your mind and do it. You know it makes sense.

Sorry to hear you are STILL waiting on the DVLA, theres been some cracking weather recently.

It'll be worth it.

Graham B

Good news.

If you need somewhere to go for a drive to.

I'm home most of the time...I'm still one of the growing statistic!!

Graham B

I need to sample your tea one day so will try and pop up some time.

Need to get this bleeding scuttle cat and the windscreen and wipers on first.

Also have an immobiliser and stereo to fit (I know the exhaust is musical but need my tunes as well ;))

After that and a few shakedown runs, will be looking for any excuse to pop out :D

I too, love the precision of my battery powered angle grinder & 1mm thick cutting discs. the metal cutting saw is reserved for battle-ship type metal & the axe for cutting up the donor car -- the whole roof off in a dozen or so well aimed blows -- great after a bad day!!

Guest Ian & Carole
Right.

I have a nice fine metal blade, a Jigsaw, masking tape and half a bottle of Whiskey for Dutch courage.

She's going to get it tonight :)

About bloody time............

.............just get on and do it :rolleyes:

Well, I've made the cut but have another problem now :)

Where has everyone put the screen to match up with the standard wet weather gear.

I was figuring to mount the uprights so the screen is just past the hot air vents but as I haven't got the wet weather kit yet (stuck a wanted on ebay. Don't know if you can do that) I am a bit reluctant to start drilling holes.

Finally got my log book today so am hoping to be on the road by the weekend.

Any help with upright placement for wet weather gear chaps?

I have the new type hood fitted to my S7 the dimensions from the bottom of the screen inside to the rear outer boot area is 1640mm, 5' 4 1/2" approx

top of the screen front to the rear outer boot area is 1550mm, 5' 1". approx

Sometime ago when i rebuilt mine the screen had been fitted further forward (no hood needed as car was built & used for hill climbs) so i had to bring it back to fit , i found the so called magic approx measurements somewhere or other of which i cant remember fully now but they where not far from the measurements quoted above.

I fitted the hood rear poppers first , then screen fittings after lightly fitting the frames without tension, the side rear poppers need to be fitted so as to allow the side window to be flat when under final tension , the doors last when hood fully tensioned so as to get a good fit on the velcro and under the top seal.

Hope this helps a little .

Mike

Guest sadjagboy

put mine approximately were Colin Usher recommends on his site (I think that's were I got the measurements s from) Back of the screen base is 12mm from the edge of the vents, although it will be a while before I'm fitting wet weather gear, I'm sure I read the same measurements on someone elses site too, probably Grizzly's or Joe Brown's as I can view them at work, only at lunch times obviously!

Thanks chaps.

12mm from the vent was about where I was going to plum for.

If I work on that premise then the uprights are dependant on getting the bottom of the support square.

Oh well, give it a go and see what happens :)

Bodgers-are-us.com are alive and kicking in Guildford :D