Photoshop Help

Swan Jnr

hi all,

some of you might have seen a rather tatty yellow vindicator at the odd show last year, which is mine.

i'm thinking now about sprucing up in the bodywork, with a new paint job.

Faded, with scratches, lumps missing and various odd holes here and there may look ok on old furniture, but not on a kit car. :D

I have an idea for a two tone colour scheme but daren't go and get it done without seeing it first.

is anyone anygood at photoshop or something similar who could help out? (i'll drop a donation to a charity of your choice :-) or a couple of beers at newark if you'd prefer!

thanks

paul

on a different topic just saved this years membership fee on my insurance with a £20 discount. £186 quid for the v8 sprint, with me and the snr as named drivers. Insurance company: Backford Bloor. great small business. no call centre, and i love that they go and fetch your paperwork, rather than it all being on computer! yes i'm a luddite.

Luddite? Liking things that actually work doesn't make you a Luddite.

I have just been referred to Hospital after seeing my GP about a possible prostate rebore and in the post this morning have received a couple of sheets of instructions headed 'Appointment Request', 'Choose and Book'. Now, being a simple soul (OK, I lie) I had some optimism that the set of instructions on the paperwork which included the words '........use these options to book, change or cancel your appointment' might assist me in booking, changing or cancelling an appointment. It lists a phone number, a textphone number and a website.

Section 2 asks me to choose only one of the following options (in bold so I wouldn't get confused ...................... or greedy) and listed only one option. Can you have a list of one option? Is it still a list? Doesn't option imply more than one thing, some sort of selection between alternatives? But I digress. Not wishing to be any more of a pain in the ass than usual I chose option one from the list of option. I decided to try the website, typed it in, logged on and went through the required stages to book an appointment. Waiting time is 32 days it said in black but un-helpfully added, printed in red so I would know I was in trouble 'No appointments are currently available.' How does the computer know I can't have an appointment but will only have to wait 32 days? Wait for what? To book? To be seen? Undeterred I moved on to the phone number and dialled it.

After a recorded message telling me they were very busy, I might like to try during an afternoon (I was) or at weekends when it was quieter or go to www.healthspace.nhs.uk. Right . Couple of choruses (chori?) of greensleeves and

'NHS Choose and Book. Kelly speaking.'

'Hello. I would like to book an appointment'

'Have you tried the website?

'Er, Yes. I'm afraid it said there were no appointments.'

'Can I have your reference number, date of birth and password please?'

So I gave her the details requested.

'And that would be for the ******* clinic at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth?'

'Yes please.'

'I'm afraid there are no available appointments.'

'I thought you might be able to make me an appointment,' I stupidly suggested thinking that she must have some purpose in life other than to log into the website using my details and tell me what I already knew. I thought she might have more access to the system than a patient but no.

'Sorry but there are no available appointments.' parroted Kelly. 'I can send your details to the clinic and they will contact you.'

'If that's the way it's done, Yes please. Can you tell me how the system works.'

'Yes. We can send your details to the clinic and they will contact you within 14 days telling you how to book an appointment. If you don't hear from them within 14 days please go back to your GP.'

'So that sounds like three weeks could pass from originally seeing my GP and I may get a letter from the clinic probably telling me to log on to or phone 'Choose and Book' or I may just be back waiting for an appointment with my GP so I can repeat the whole process.'

'I'm sorry you are having a negative experience with 'Choose and Book'.' says Kelly scanning through her handy booklet titled Clients on the edge. How to avoid suicide or abuse.

'Could I phone the clinic direct and it might save time and money?'

'No that will not be possible. You could end up with two appointments.'

Heaven forefend. Whatever next? Anarchy and the end of the NHS as we know it.

Time to call it a day. Accept the inevitable. 'Please send my details on to the clinic. Thank you for your time.'

'Is there anything else I can help you with?'

'No.'

'Thank you for using Choose and Book!!!!!!!!!!! Bye.'

What is the point? I wonder if the dinosaurs knew they were doomed? Did they see the end coming and realised they were helpless to change it? Did they try choose and book or did they save themselves the aggro, cut out the middle man and just jump off a cliff? I might as well debate chaos theory with a banana.

Nigel

here are some pics, are they any good?

i'd been considering having a multi colour job, after seeing the race prepped vindicator at the factory but didnt want to copy their colour scheme (despite it being yellow already. after spending most of the weekend watching the coverage of le mans a blue/black scheme seemed a good idea.

my idea was to have the wings (back and front), bonnet and boot in blue and all the rest in black. i'll probably then play around with some sort of stripe up the middle of th bonnet to break the blue up.

i would have liked a bonnet bulge in black, but the su's are so wide and high nothing fits, and making one might look ridiculously big. i quite like them poking out anyway!

oh yes and finally get my silver alloys painted black to match.

paul

Nigel , it often seems to us that the NHS administration is set up to be as defensive as possible, very few solutions are offered, it often takes a mixture of desperation and bloody mindedness to get the best treatment/care. when you get there however, the people at the front line have been truly amazing.

post-844-1245098312_thumb.jpg

post-844-1245098325_thumb.jpg

post-844-1245098494_thumb.jpg

Guest pwlcarz

Thing is Nigel, all the people who design and manage these "systems" have BUPA Health Care so they don't actually have to use it themselves.

The change in attitude to the golden words "I have private health insurance" is amazing.

Everything the NHS should be but isn't!

hi andi,

thanks for that, amazing. how do you do that?

i think you're right about too much blue, thats the trouble with the bonnet, its so huge and wide.

the plan was to get it done in that colour and then buy some adhesive vinyl and add a single thick strip, starting at say 6 inches at the nose cone and increasing to maybe a foot along the middle of the bonnet. the vinyl would give us the chance to play around until we were totally happy, whereas spraying it on wouldnt.

however if i could do that in photoshop i wouldnt need vinyl!

isee that this wasnt the best picture as the sunlight creates a different colour on the bottom half of the bonnet, but the result is still amazing. thanks again.

paul

Hi Paul,

In photoshop open up the picture, use one of the selection tools to isolate the area of colour you want to change.

Go to image- adjustments- replace colour- hold the shift key and drag the cursor over the colours you want to change

then drag the hue slider to change into any colour you want.

Had to "import" the wheels though. A bit rough but you get the overall image.

Andi

post-2933-1245348138_thumb.jpg