Aeroscreen Or Standard Windscreen

Guest ollie chapman

Guest ollie chapman

After reading the previous messages on the two types of screens i still cannot make my mind up on whether to get an aero or normal screen.

Ideally I would prefer to keep the performance by using an aero, but do they actually deflect the wind from your face to the extent that i wouldnt need to use a helmet?

Pro's and con's of both would be amazing!

Cheers,

Ollie

When i had a windscreen the wind used to hit me in the right side of my face now i have aeros it hits me square in the face it deflects too a degree but you will need googles or a helmet

of the two i prefer the aeros

is there anyone near you with aeros who could take you for a blast?

Dan

I've gone with the aeroscreen as I just preferred the look, it doesn't deflect the wind a great deal but you can lower yourself down a bit and most things then hit me in the forehead, rather than full in the face.

Still need goggles though for anything over 70ish, sunglasses are ok up until then.

Guest zoomzoom

My first run with my zero was up to newark without any type of screen and I had a blke helmet on. Got covered with bugs in the first 20 miles (and coolant!!)

The biggest problem was the noise from the exhaust making me go a little deaf and ended up with the petrol station chap asking me not to shout when I was paying for petrol on the way home.

I think I will fit an areo screen to it as I have one from ebay thats a nice fit, but I think I will still need to wear a helmet.

(and ear plugs)

Marcus

I ran with no screen of any sort for a while, just a crash helmet.

I have been in an MNR with aero bubbles and that worked well.

I now have a screen on and whilst i am deaf in one ear the driving experience is much more comfortable when tooling round town, will add doors and elephant ears later this year.

ive had both sold areo screen now gone with full screen now (told to ) bad mistake my wife said she wouldn't come in it if i didn't get roof doors and a window so sad i know but did as was told :( the diffrence is speed with a window you get a diffrence of it try this to see which one you like get some one to drive a car down motorway open window now stick your head out then when its raining or other bad weather we get and do the same . the only thing i miss is the speed rush on your face apart from that nowt