Le Man Classic 2010

Guest chris brown

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jetskijase

Just got back!, great week everyone!! :drinks: very hot! (kind of glad of tin top and air con!)

bad luck mitch with fuel pump, although it is was pis*ing down all the way from m25/m1 junction and i felt for the hoodies!

cheers everyone.

jase, rach and the big red support/tow truck!!

Finally got home at 7 30 this evening, what a great trip, thanks to Sir Chris for sorting us all out again.

Weather - brilliant

Company - brilliant

Campsite Rouen - brilliant

Campsite Le Mans - building site

Attrition rate high, Rich blowing oil at first meet up point, James cam belt failure, 16 new valves please, Daz wiring gremlins, Mitch fuel pump/pipe problems, Ian and Carole coil pack failure, Stewart and Simon air intake failure, plus loads of running rough caused by fuel evaporation in the fantastic heat.

And to finish off, 150 miles in rain so bad you could barely see the road ahead, had to drop the speed to 60 mph some times just to be on the safe side :D

Red Leader, over and out.

Guest shaggy

Steve you can add my sheared bolt on alternator pivot bolt, to the list and Chris had a cracked flexi hose on his air intake.

Stephen

Not sure if "minor" faults count in the atrition rate as I also had bonnet up at every fuel stop to "top up" with oil.

Total useage over the week was 1.7 gallon of oil.

Bloody rain on the way back was a right pain and was down to 50 at one point.

Absolutely fab week though and wouldn't hesitate going again.

Si

Guest The Modfather

I forgot to say that the hole around my steering coloumn in the bulkhead needed a little hoody patch work with a baked bean tin lid carefully holed with a hammer and flat blade screwdriver and a healthy dollop of metal putty holding it on!

I was cooking my leg with the searing heat draft shooting through the hole, and at one point had to jump out as I thought my leg was blistered, due to the fact that I could feel the skin crisping up. I was pouring water down my leg rather than down my neck.

Once the bean tin lid was in place it was a lot better! :clapping:

Guest chris brown

What a great week. What more could you ask for (apart from a better camp site) good company, good food, (Thanks to Stephen in my case) and the chance to get up close to some of the greatest cars both racing and road going there has ever been.

I would also like to thank Steve Johnston for organising the camp site at Rouen and the trip to Pegasus Bridge.

There is about £50 ish left over which if no one objects I will put into the Huddie Bear fund as a donation from me so as to claim the tax.

I was a little disappointed that so many didn’t bother to follow the dress code as it wasn’t that difficult and was well advertised.

post-746-047672100 1279100287_thumb.jpg

post-746-010878900 1279100466_thumb.jpg

post-746-060628300 1279100593_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

Just got back home after 11.00 ferry this morning. (210 miles on one tank!!!!!)

We rang CSMA breakdown when we limped back to camp site in Bologune, after going to see the sea at Breck.

Flashing lights arrived within 1/2 hour to take us home!!!!!! Told the driver we had 2 more sleeps before we wanted to go home.

I had taken the coil pack off the car by the time he arrived, he promptly took the coil with him and I think he said he would be back on Tuesday if he could find a new one.

When got back from the shop on site Tuseday morning, we had only been gone 1/2 hour, fitted to the car and all wired up was a second hand coil pack and a note on windscreen saying "50 euros to Garage Christian"

Turned the key and vroom so all mobile again and home under own steam.

Repeat the thanks to Sir Chris for making us so welcome, Steve J. for the camp site.

Hoodies,

I filled the MX5 tank at the Super U near the track with 4* and the poor girl coughed and spluttered on the hills. When the tank was 1/4 full I filled up with hi octane and she was well again. Is French petrol Sh1t?

Got home at 10.30 ish PM on the night. Torrential does not even begin to describe the deluge I went through. But a fantastic week. Thanks to Chris for organising, Delia for cooking and all for making my old man feel welcome and providing excellent company. And yes Steve, French petrol doesn't seem to be the best. Thanks all.

Guest carl leonard

I spoke to someone on the ferry going home, who identified the culprit has cheap fuel (Sans Plomb 95 E10). He said that this fuel has 'ethanol' added hence the E10 marking on the pump, and only engines designed to take this fuel won't cough and splutter. Something to do with lowering the emissions???

So the next time you go to France buy the expensive stuff!

Carl.