Le Man Classic 2010

Guest chris brown

Guest The Modfather

It's all in hand Daz, just be there for the ferry on Tuesday and follow the snake out of Boulogne :D

:clapping: No worries, thanks Steve.

What spares do people take as a precaution. I'm getting spare bulbs and fuses, jubilee clips, wire, cable ties and leccy tape, can of fuel, bottles of rad water, variety of tools and a scissor jack, anything else? Oh big roll of gaffer tape!!!

I've got the euro kit, hi-viz, triangle etc.

Just been sorting out my ruck sack and camping gear, can't wait, only 3 more sleeps :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peter2b2002

passport and first aid kit, pen and paper to note down which road and town is next enroute in case you get left behind

peter2b

Guest The Modfather

Just pulled my tent out to air it, NO INNER!!!!!!. No idea where thats gone, no problem, get the other one out, ooops, miles too big could probably get 8 in it. Oh well off to the camping shop for yet another.

I was thinking of taking my night fishing bivvy, but not sure if the camp site would like it as its dark green?

Is anyone else taking a fishing bivvy or large brolly and wrap?

Darren

Guest The Modfather

Some campsites don't like fishing shelters of any description and likewise, some fishing venues won't allow normal tents. I'm just looking at ways of not having to buy yet another tent! In truth I'd rather use my large brolly with the overwrap as it's easy to put up, and has enough space for a weeks worth of fishing gear etc, so will be more than enough for this trip. just didn't want to get there and be told that it wasn't suitable and end up sleeping in the Hood :sorry:

Guest mower man

I would not worry about using the bivvy I've seen guys sleep under poly sheet tied to m/bike bars and rear carrier [and it was raining ] the french are not as uptight as brit site owners take your bivvy and enjoy Le Mans!!!!!!! wish I was going but work gets in the way!!! mower man :clapping: :crazy: :yahoo: :good:

Guest The Modfather

Is anyone else coming back on the Tuesday? I Just checked my sailing confirmation and I'm coming back on the Tuesday on the 1045 ferry.

Guest The Modfather

What I should have said was that I thought I was coming back on the Monday? I Believe Graham B and Alan from TVH are coming back on Monday???

Guest The Modfather

WOW what a great week we had. 38 degrees, lots of lovely cars, great company and good wine.

May I take this opportunity to thank Chris and everyone else who organised the week, you did a splendid job!

I met some really nice people and it was good to put faces to names finally.

So, thanks again to the organisers, and thanks to everyone who helped to get my hood started on the last morning at Rouen :friends: :drinks: :friends: :drinks:

Regards

Darren

Back Home, unloaded and absolutely flaked out ---AND I had the air conditioned Tin top.!!

Thanks Chris....should have parked under the trees rather than on the parched, baked, compacted ? beach?.

HOODIE says HI !!!

Some snaps of him on his travels as he returned to the UK.

Graham B