Iva Pass For Superspec

harvs

Hi

Got my pass certificate today. Very happy! :D :D

I didn't have that many fail points to fix, so it didn't take too long to go through them. One of the previous fail points was that the reflectors had to be at 90 degrees to the road, which I corrected. But now there's been some further guidance issued and they don't have to be 90 degrees, so I needn't have fixed it.

Whilst at the test, my brake light stopped working. Luckily this was fixed by using some of the examiner's WD40 on the push switch - otherwise I'd have been walking home :o . Phew :)

One thing that was worrying me about the ride (for both the first test and retest) was the fact that the engine seamed to lack a little power. Especially when really pushing the accelerator - it actually seamed to slow a little. After thinking about all the complex things it might be, I realised I was being a muppet and was actually pushing the brake as well as the accelerator with my big right foot. Now I'm driving it properly, it really flies and sound's great :D

The clutch seams to make quite a racket though. It's fine when under load, but when coasting, or not in gear it makes some strange noises. I know RH did a bit of a bodge job on it, but didn't expect it to make so much clattering noise. Is this normal?!

Went to Leeds DVLA this afternoon and got the forms to fill in etc. Unfortunately Leeds DVLA don't do home inspections, so I'll have to give some thought about how I can get my car to the build up inspection as I don't have a tow bar on my tin top :(

Getting closer to getting it on the road though :D

The clutch seams to make quite a racket though. It's fine when under load, but when coasting, or not in gear it makes some strange noises. I know RH did a bit of a bodge job on it, but didn't expect it to make so much clattering noise. Is this normal?!

Are you sure it's the clutch? You get a lot of noise from the propshaft and diff-whine in these cars when coasting.

Guest superspec

Re the clutch, on idling etc mine is very rattly and noisy, but as soon as you are under load it goes quiet. Several species i have spoken to have the same problem

Guest LukieZ

well done mate! another IVA pass in the bag, not long 'til you're on the road now - keep hounding the dvla and make sure they look at the bloody forms and give you a inspection date!

took me a whole month, turned out they all buggered off on hols without informing the next person and "losing" a file or two and accussing me of not giving it to them in the first place :huh: