Return Fuel Line Perished

Guest craig030774

Guest craig030774

i fitted rubber fuel hose and a return when i built the car it is the proper stuff as well, however yesterday struck it up for the first time in about 6 months and had fuel leaking all over from the return.

1 do i need a return as using bike carbs and a seperator with mechanical pump

2 . if i run a stainless return what route as dont fancy taking tunnel sides out had a quick thought about running through side rails or maybe underneath

what are your thoughts. oh and it is a 2b

Both my fuel lines are copper and they both run inside down through the passenger side outer floor edge, i will only use rubber pipe as a straight joiner now due to the bend perrishing problems i have had in the past, my return pipe is only used as a tank breather.

I am not a great believer in routeing fuel pipes down the tunnel where there are moving parts that could go wrong.

Mike

I don't know if my friend used new lines but I had to replace his as they had leaked last week and it's only about 2 years old.

On mine I used copper down the tunnel and flexible Unleaded stamped hosing on the bendy / flex bits. No problems as yet.