Kit Car Companys,

Guest mcramsay

Bloody Hell, is this the bunch I was going to give nearly £4000 to for a new zero kit in the summer?

Just keep your eyes wide open and don,t believe everything you are told, there are loads of robin hoods out there so there must be something right about them.

That said my next one will be an MEV rocket or sonic

i do love the 2b, will prob keep for a long time to come yet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stuartl

I am a firm believer in the fact that people are a lot quicker to complain than they are to praise.

What concerns me having looked at the feedback from RH Owners is that communication is very poor and goods seem to be late and often wrong/faulty etc.

I would really like to be a Zero owner but for me this represents a large chunk of money and having worked and saved hard for it I cannot risk giving my money to a company who seem to offer such erratic customer service.

Where do I go from here?!

Mcramsay, alternator kits must be quite difficult to predict belt needed unless they ask for sizes of all pulleys involved as they vary from engine to engine, what idler you use if you use one or what water pump you fit and with the different alternators. If I was supplying I wouldn't put a belt in but would advise a trip to halfords after a measuring session.

Nigel

I think we need to keep a bit of perspective in any criticism.

GBSC make Kit cars for a more cost driven market than their competitors. They don't have fancy showrooms and lots of facilities but do manage to turn out some very good Kits. They might not be as polished and easy to assemble as a Westie or Caterham but I don't think anyone that has put the appropiate time and effort into their build are dissapointed with the resulting car.

That isn't to say there isn't a valid criticism concerning elements of the supply chain and communication that should be addressed and as we know Richard does access this Forum. However, that might be something that is a little more of a problem than merely a look at processes.

So, I suggests you pays yer money and takes yer choice. Personally, I would not be put off purchasing a Kit because of a couple of irritating issues that may crop up and who knows, this thread may demonstrate that not looking after little problems can lead to Kits not being sold.

Guest mcramsay

longboarder, the alternator kit i recieved is manufactured by GBSC as in all the brackets for the black top engine to fit the alternator. the correct idle pulley, the correct pulley on the alternator for the belt that will be used. there are also fitting instructions and only one way the alternator will fit to the black top engine. so the kit can be supplied with the correct length belt as technically (unless you change anything your self) each kit will fit to every black top in the exact same place. as i said i dont want to slate the company and its a tiny little issue. its just that on top of the other things that have annoyed me. but dont get me wrong im happy with the way my zero is going and the kit is going together ok. and 99% GBSC are a good company, its just the off time i want to pull my hair out. and for the record i didnt start this thread to put customers off buying from GBSC or to start a hate campain against them either. i just wanted to vent my fustration with people who might understand what i was on about, as sadly my missus has no clue and no interest!

Edited by mcramsay

Guest mower man
I am a firm believer in the fact that people are a lot quicker to complain than they are to praise.

What concerns me having looked at the feedback from RH Owners is that communication is very poor and goods seem to be late and often wrong/faulty etc.

I would really like to be a Zero owner but for me this represents a large chunk of money and having worked and saved hard for it I cannot risk giving my money to a company who seem to offer such erratic customer service.

Where do I go from here?!

Welcome to reality,unfortunatly things go wrong ,parts supplied don't fit , people's promises don't always happen thats life if you want a near[?] perfect kit car spend 26000 quid on a catering van osorry caterham and then you will get to know about the words LEG andLIFT I have found GBS as good as anybody and better than some !over the time they have been running things something which couldn't be said about the previous incumbent! This is my opinion others may not agree

regards mower man

longboarder, the alternator kit i recieved is manufactured by GBSC as in all the brackets for the black top engine to fit the alternator. the correct idle pulley, the correct pulley on the alternator for the belt that will be used
If all the parts are known then they should be able to get it right. I do understand about accumulated irritations that can lead to eventualy losing it on some seemingly minor point. Vent away, I'll man the baricades along side you, then make soothing and reassuring noises and then we can have a beer.

Nigel

Guest mcramsay
What was the price of the alternator kit?

It was £220 with that u get a little denso alternator which fits under the throttle bodies, the brackets and bolts, idle pulley and tensioner bracket and the drive belt aswell, really easy to fit and looks tidy, also doesn't get in the way of cooling pipes going to the radiator on the exhaust side of the engine

Denso retails between £75/95 so there's a fair bit of £ room to get the rest right; in my retail business if you got it wrong you corrected it plus something extra by way of "sorry", not tell customer to get the fix elsewhere; 'cos elsewhere is where he goes next time, first.

Guest mcramsay

i still havnt got the belt, i couldnt find one that would fit in halfords, and then the snow has just buggered up any kind of deliverys, iain is sending/has sent me one out tho. on another note, i have two mates building kit cars, one is building a tiger avon, the other a dax ac cobra, and all ive heard from them is the exact same stories....bits not in the kit and forever chasing up the parts! seems like a common theme! and im surprised of that from dax...who arnt a cheap company to build a car from

Guest jeffszero
Bloody Hell, is this the bunch I was going to give nearly £4000 to for a new zero kit in the summer?

ive paid £6k+ for super spec zero and ive collected the kit with some bits "out of stock"that was over a month ago and guess what i still havnt got them .the guys are nice blokes but the service aint good,time will tell

Guest Stuartl
Denso retails between £75/95 so there's a fair bit of £ room to get the rest right; in my retail business if you got it wrong you corrected it plus something extra by way of "sorry", not tell customer to get the fix elsewhere; 'cos elsewhere is where he goes next time, first.

Dead Right, that is my way of thinking as a self-employed person.

Guest Stuartl

It has to be appreciated that the vast majority of kit car manufacturers are run on a 'cottage industry' basis, often operating out of ramshackle buildings.

However, it must also be recognised that they have presented themselves as a business.

This being the case they should treat their customers as exactly that, CUSTOMERS!! Not treat them with the contempt that GBSC seems to do.

Has nobody told them that if they offer a decent service to customers and be honest with them with regards to the availability of items then they might just have a better customer feedback?

Of course, this isn't rocket science, which makes it even harder to understand why they cant get it right...........