Exmo- Rear Brakes

Guest Liam

HI

My Exmo has quite small rear brake drums - The other 1.8 or 2.0 litre Exmo and Series 3 RH7's I've seen have larger drums. I didn't builds mine, but I know it used to be a 1.6 now it is a 1.8 and I am thinking of "fettleling" the engine a bit to get more power.

Should I replace these drums for larger ones off a 2.0 litre Sierra, or should I consider putting disk brakes in - if so, what type?

Phil G

If you've still got the servo, I don't think that you need to bother changing the brakes at all.

Remember that they were designed to stop a car twice as heavy, with 4 adults & the shopping in.

I would suggest that you wait until you've done whatever you're doing to the performance, and then see if you don't think that they're up to it. I'm sure that you'll find them to be OK.

Guest brummy-ade

my exmo is fine I have a 2.1 with stage 3 twin 40,s and it stops as well as it goes it stops a bit to well sometimes id second what jim says..

also my mrs always says size dont matter :D

ade