Snowy Run Out

Grim

The mondeo has to be the worst car i,ve driven in this weather !! God knows how you got your 2b over snake pass???? mine don,t even like the wet let alone snow.

I see your bad car and trump it with a picasso, its terrible ABS kicks in and it refuses to stop crawl upto a corner and it starts to turn it then just kicks the arse out for no reason. and my feet are freezing! the hoods much better for keeping your toes/ legs toastie :D

I see your bad car and trump it with a picasso, its terrible ABS kicks in and it refuses to stop crawl upto a corner and it starts to turn it then just kicks the arse out for no reason. and my feet are freezing! the hoods much better for keeping your toes/ legs toastie :D

At least the mondeo goes in streight lines i suppose, nearly up the arse of a new focus rs !!! :o then a steel fence was glad to get home used to love driving in this weather ....

Guest Tim Norman

To get our Mondeo to go round any corner in 6" of snow needed liberal use of the handbrake! :yahoo: Much to Sue's dismay :help:

Still at least the kids got to see some snow. Still amazes me how many people have no idea how to drive in the stuff!

Guest Alasdair
ABS I'm sure is one of the worst things to be added to cars. I had a Rover which suffered a sensor fault and it convinced the car it was skidding when it wasn't which resulted in me running into the rear of a Vectra. It still makes me mad when I think about it as I've ended up with a fault accident on my record which is not due to any action or inaction on my part. With no ABS the car would have stopped no problems but due to the brain fart on the part of the computer it backed the brakes off and there was nothing I could do.

Iain

I have the same problem with my '02 Astra, it's horrible. Does anyone know how I can turn it off?

Alasdair

Guest RichardO
I have the same problem with my '02 Astra, it's horrible. Does anyone know how I can turn it off?

Pull the fuse?

I've got a new shape Passat "sport" model with silly wide tyres, last week couldn't even get up a 5 degree slope!

ABS is really bad, but at least I can turn the stability/traction control off.

Can't even have fun with the handbrake as it is an electric one.

Rich...

went to work in my Hood last night, turned out on a call at 5am and there was about 2 inches of snow, then it dumped a massive load in the next hour and a half, til it was about 6 inches deep.

So at 10am this morning it was time to attempt the drive home, who needs all those fancy gadgets? Just a bit of pedal control and your on your way to loads of sideways fun

P1015_05-01-10.jpg

P1018_05-01-10.jpg

Got home, got some strange looks from passers by when I was washing the salt off with bucket of hot water, then struggled to get the car up the drive and into the garage

Note the 2010 screen sticker, there's 240 of them in the post at the moment, should be there soon as long as the post can get through

Its just taken me nearly 4hrs to get from newark to alfreton :diablo: mainly due to a dick head in a bmw who decided to do 2mph for miles on end with 38ton lorry close behind and a line of 7 cars so could not get past..

Lost count how many rearwheeldrives were abandoned fortunately i was in my company focus which is a *bleep* load better than my mondeo once the traction control was switched off

GRIM beware the police are up on the passes now taken details and prosecuting drivers who ignore the barriers.. :D i bet your hood went under it :D

Dan

we are due the snow tonight so I wont be going any where in a long wheel base rear wheel drive ford transit, got no weight over rear wheels so a slight hill and it go's no where. Also if side ways its too long to fit down most roads

Horay. Snow has made it all the way down to sunny Plymouth. Only an inch but enough to make it fun on the ungritted roads and in Tesco car park, and Lidl car park and Maplins and Magnet. Only got the corsa on the road at the moment but still fun.

Nigel

Guest Tim Norman

Centre of London woke this morning feeling like a disappointed virgin the night after the "Prom".

We were promised 6" we got 1" and even that was a bit wet! :lol:

Has the snow finally beaten you ?

It was more the fact that if i swept my drive to get out, it would be just as quick to walk in, i'm only 2 miles from work. Roads were fine in town.