Mig Gas Wanted

Guest bettinson2005

Guest bettinson2005
:D hi does any one know where i can get a full big mig gas bottle? exchanged without having to rent? only my large energas bottle has ran out :unknw: i dont want to start using co2 pub gas. any help please cheers i am located in sheffield. :good:

:D hi does any one know where i can get a full big mig gas bottle? exchanged without having to rent? only my large energas bottle has ran out :unknw: i dont want to start using co2 pub gas. any help please cheers i am located in sheffield. :good:

....not witout rental.even pubs and gas suppliers are funny about exchanging c02 pub bottles ..i hear u can use c02 fire extinguishers

Guest bettinson2005
:help: cheers :huh: but its pub gas i dont want? argon or mixed that i am after :D not bothered about exchanging bottle. will take another as long as it is full. i am hoping someone has one they want to get rid of that they dont use any more :D willing to PAY and collect as long as local. :good:

Guest mower man
Theres a welding supplies near me that will swap bottles last time was about £15

Dan

You could try MAGNA plant and tool hire they hve abranch inSheffield sorry don't know the adress HTH mowerman :unsure: :unknw: :good: :search:

Guest bettinson2005
Theres a welding supplies near me that will swap bottles last time was about £15

Dan

cheers dan are you on about the small bottles only the one i have is 5ft high? and last time i paid £50. is there any chance you could find out tell number for me cheers carl

Guest bettinson2005

cheers chris brown yes been trying but no luck :(

mower man will give magna a try but most want you to rent and pay monthly :o

so up to now i am still looking cheers carl :blush:

Guest bettinson2005
Hi

I see that you have 2 energas bottles.

Forgive my ignorance but can you not just exchange for full ones as in the case of propane and calor?

swan

hi swan

thats what i thought? i got a bottle with the welder then got another of a mate. but when i wanted a full one again the company that do them would only exchange if i opened a account £60 for a refill and £11 a month for account ( robbing huckers) :o

Guest RichardO

Have a look on this forum thread.

Apparently BOC may also be doing a deal for hobby welders this month. I think last year it was a size X bottle (I think) of Argoshield for £65 including 1st years rental, with the second year rental about £30.

Rich...

Have a look on this forum thread.

Apparently BOC may also be doing a deal for hobby welders this month. I think last year it was a size X bottle (I think) of Argoshield for £65 including 1st years rental, with the second year rental about £30.

Rich...

I've got an account with BOC for a half size Argoshield bottle. I've not had it refilled for years so I'm not sure of the costs but what I can say is I've never known a compeany increas their prices as often as BOC do. I also heard that they now note the serial numbers on the bottles and check them when you get a re-fill to stop people getting multiple bottles fille on one account. As I rarely use my big welder I'm thinking of knocking the BOC account on the head and sticking with my small mig and using disposable bottles as and when I need them.

Might be better to go for a "no rental" deal like this

http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/stat_ind_product...odoF9Jew:welder

Guest graham dockerill
^_^ Jon , extinguisher Co2 is not the same as argon but its all i've ever used as i'm in the fire extinguisher game, but betterson 2005 stated he did'nt want to use pub gas which is Co2, don't know why as i've never had any problems and I think BOC charge (they used to) a small fortune to roll a bottle from their rack to your van