Show Dates 2010

Guest Ian & Carole

Guest Ian & Carole

2010 Kit Car Shows

Detling Show - April 4-5 (Easter) Sun / Mon.

Stoneleigh Show - May 2-3 Sun / Mon. AGM (in the warwick centre 16.00 ish Sunday afternoon)

Newark Show - June 19-20 Hog Roast Saturday night

Stafford Show - September 18-19

Exeter Show - October 23-24 new date!! might be a bit warmer

Look forward to seeing freinds old and new, all welcome don't be shy, make sure you come and say hello.

We have decided this year that we will corden off an area around the Gazeebo on the display area for seating as we had a few people who thought it was a bit tight around this area last year, so if you arrive with the sun rise please don't park too close around the area of the Gazebbo. Thanks.

At all the shows there will be Tea / Coffee available for you.

The down side for some is YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT YOUR SELF, I do the shopping for it all, therefore I am not waiting on :D

There will also be a few RHOCaR mugs for sale for those who's handles have fallen off :D

It is free we just ask that you all make a small donation, much less than the £1.20 / £1.30 the vans charge. ;)

The BBQ will be at Stoneleigh, Newark and Stafford.

I will supply some food and rolls baps etc.

You are all welcome to use it to cook your own food when the RHOCaR food runs out.

You are all also welcome to cook breakfast on it if you are capable of being in charge of lite flames in the morning. :bad: might be safer letting the children cook breakfast. :rofl:

Due to A/L problems I am not sure if I will be at the shows this year but I am still battling with my bosses. :rolleyes: :diablo:

Here's to a good show year, like I always say I have booked the grass for us to play on can some one book the weather.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ian & Carole

BUMP

Stoneleigh

Just finalized details for the above.

Pitch 40B will be the display area, as for the past 2/3 years should hold 150 cars, we had 130+ last year on the Sunday.

Daily Entry fees are.....

Kit car driver entry FREE.

Kit car Passenger £6.00 (6 - 12 £2.00) Half the normal entry fee.

Foot fall daily visitor is £12.00 (6 - 12 £4.00) each day

Kit Car driver -- camping £5.00 including entry to show on Both Days.

Kit Car passenger camping £15.00 Adult (£5.00 6 - 12 years) with entry to show on Both Days.

None Kit Car drivers / Passengers camping £25.00 Adult (£10.00 6 - 12 years) with entry to the show on Both Days.

We will be pitching tents gazebos on the grass off to the right of Avenue " M "just passed the Warwick Centre.

AGM is booked for 16.00 hrs on Sunday afternoon in the Warwick Center

Guest Ian & Carole
What days/nights are we allowed to camp? What days do others stay?

Bob

Quite a few begin arriving mid afternoon on the Saturday and set up camp, staying for two nights, some arrive Sunday morning and just stay over one night.

It really is come and go as you please.

The only hard and fast rules are NOT before mid day Saturday and MUST be gone by noon on Tuesday.

I just knew I would forget something :rolleyes: yet another ""CRAFT" moment. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve8274

can i just ask which newark it is? there are a few newarks in country so just hoping it will be near me. i live in wigan. never been to any show before and am looking to purchase kit car (zero) this year. went to factory to see them. Richard was very nice and apparently congrats to him for taking over GBS. i wasnt aware of any problems

thanks

steve

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Steve

Newark in Nottinghamshire.

At the junction of the A1 and the A46

33 miles from the GBSc factory.

If you do come to the show make sure you pop and say hello.

HTHs

• 2 months later...

Went to Stoneleigh show and parked in the public car park, I wanted to stay for the BBQ but they lock the gates at 8.00pm So I would have to move the car before 8.00pm, when I asked where to park they said park outside the main entrance, not sure about that. Does anyone know of a better arrangement for this and Newark. Is it possible to get into the camping area for the Saturday evening, as we are staying at a hotel?

jon

Hi Jon,

Which hotel are you staying at for Newark?

Marilyn and I are staying at the Premier Travel Inn Here.

Last year Steve, Leslie and ourselves got a taxi back to the hotel after the BBQ and back to the show ground the following morning.

We left the cars on the camp site.

Derek.

newark is one of best shows of the year its easy to camp over , find the bogs at the bottom end of the field

ie turn left after the entrance,, . to the bogs at the bottom of the field we will be adjacent to the boggs but in the field behind the boggs ,

so turn left after entrance towards boggs before boggs an entrance to a field on right we will be there

cos thats were we alwways are,

any more info just ask

graham

If you talk to the guys on the gate and explain what you are doing I guess they will let you park on the campsite.

I'm sure gate give passouts so you could get into the show then move your car to the hotel and either I or someone else will pop over and pick you up. You pay to get in after you have parked up.

When we got to the show on Sunday morning I explained my car was parked on site overnight and I was let in for nothing.

Still had to pay for Marilyn though. I told her I would bring her a bag of crisps and a bottle of Vimto but she would not wait outside for me!!