Almost Iva Ready

steve_wilson

finally getting somewhere with this now. the vast majority of jobs are done now so im happy.

took it for a spin up and down my drive and the smile still hasnt left my face haha. it's awesome. all ran sweetly too, bit hesitant but thats one for another time!

got a phone call off vosa saying that the application has gone through an there gunna hand me over the my local vosa test centre. should be looking at a test within a couple of weeks.

as a celebration i bought myself a set of coilies for the back :)

thanks, a very happy steve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest james123

Hi steve my zero IVA is same time and date . I am also missing this great weather we are having so fingers crossed for the both of us james

hi james,

best of luck for you, i'm sure you'll be fine.

got most of the major jobs fired off today (took a day off work) so im on track so far!

little bit of trimming and some wiring to correct for tomorrow and then a good looking over on sunday and some fine tuning

should be good to go for tuesday :D

Steve

well it was a fail, but a fairly good fail.

exhaust was 100.9dB - 99dB limit

few sharp edges

they need evidence of a "pull test" done on the top harness mounts. not too sure about this. i've rung gbsc but they couldnt help

handbrake underperforming

a n/s/r hose rubbing on the shocker

also need a brake fluid wanring on the master cylinder

apart from the pull test evidence its a good list.

my tester was a nice bloke, very helpful and did his best to get me through!

Steve

Guest sadjagboy

Well done Steve, not a bad list.

What did you do round the headlight mounting brackets/ Front suspension in the end? I've got a 2b Sliding pillar and I'm wondering what is currently acceptable around that area. Also, do you have the single rear seatbelt point? I've not heard of anyone having to produce a pull test, that is a bit worrying, particularly if GBS can't help.

Best regards

Angus

i'll upload a picture of my front wishbone area in a minute

robin hood said that they have had a pull test done years ago, but have records of it. apparantly in one of the old brochures theres a picture of one been done. not sure that will suffice though.

and yes, it is the single top mount

Steve

Guest kleighton

Well done Steve, that's not a bad list at all.

I'm a little confused by the pull test too, are they looking for figures to prove the load of the mounts ? I've not heard of anyone else having to provide thise, and I wasn't asked myself. Hope you can sort that one out.

All the best,

Keith

he said they need proof that a pull test was done.

he said i could beef up the mounts if i would prefer, but dont really want to be welding right next to a full fuel tank.

im not sure why theres an issue to be fair, my last 2b sailed through with the same mounts and im sure there's hundereds the same on the road.

Steve

Guest sadjagboy

Thanks Steve, that picture is very useful, it confirms what I thought I would need to do. Ordered some more edging this morning, just hope I'll have enough now.

Best regards

Angus

its suprising just how much of the stuff you go through isnt it?!

the examiner told me to imagine the space between the 4 wishbones on each side were filled in. anything in this area doesnt get tested.