Somme Battlefields Trip 2011

steve in stockport

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes not long now oil changed,check plugs changed,check air filter, check. so all i have to do is finish all the work on customers house get paid pack and fill car with petrol :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gasket goo???? :search: :blush: :unknw: :fool:

oil check, water check, tyre's mmm might have to see marcus (zoomzoom) on the way down. insurance medical,car and breakdown check, euros think sorted, passport in date over night in ramsgate :clapping: see you guys in dover on sat morning :friends: :drinks: cant wait

The garage bench is full of "spares" that may be needed for Florin (if you got it;it would be silly not to take it)& the dining table is lost under a pile of clothes & shoes. If the load is not reduced we shall arrive looking like Brian the snail. (70s Magic Roundabout) <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all that came to the Somme and made it such a great trip.

My job was easy as you were all such eager students, I could have told you anything and you would have believed, until we came across Teddy that is, he is absolutely brilliant! I hope they can find a good replacement for him.

The house sharing was a whole new experience, RHOCaR does Big Brother was how Marylin described it on the ferry home, although nobody was evicted :friends:

We got home safe and sound, 383 miles and a ferry crossing from door to door.

Steve and Laura

Guest chris brown

What a great week my thanks to all especially Steve for all his org. I thought I knew a bit about WW1 before we went I soon realised I knew next to nothing. Yes Steve. Teddy was different but what a fantastic guide.

post-746-0-52989900-1312663689_thumb.jpg

Our thanks to Steve for organising such a fantastic week.

New experiences almost every second.

Learnt a whole lot more about the sacrifice our ancestors made.

Cemented friendships with our fellow travellers.

And why not to commit to a menu where soup or salad can change to stuffed pasta in a mist of translation!

Hay Ho, another beer here please.

M&D.

PS 1001 not only cleans a big big carpet, its the miles I covered in one week, door to door, but I'm sure others did more.

A few photos from the week, there must be hundreds around from the amount of camera pointing you guys and girls did.

DSCF0800.jpg

The courtyard at Chavasse Farm

DSCF0806.jpg

RHOCaR at Lochnagar Crater

DSCF0809.jpg

Thiepval Memorial

DSCF0816.jpg

Beautiful poppy

DSCF0817.jpg

Some of the 'Iron Harvest' that comes up every year

DSCF0837.jpg

Teddy educating the gang