Adrian Flux Agreed Value Beware

Guest petespine

Guest petespine

Just renewed with adrian flux after they said they would match a quote I got from Frank Pickles £50 cheaper than original quote, BUT when I sent off photo`s for agreed value which I have done 3 times before covering 6 years, they have altered agreed value from £5000 to £3500, when I rang up to object they said they have a value assesser which says market value for Robin Hoods is between £2500 and £3500, tried to cancel policy but was told it would cost me £40 for the privalidge, so just beware, make sure you get agreed value before you part with your money. They must have known this before they took my money, this is what maddens me most, should have gone with Frank Pickles

Pete Dawson

Guest mcramsay

i had the exact same thing with adrian flux, got quoted an agreed valuation of £2000 for my capri. then when i took out the policy and after sending away pics the valuation dropped to £1000. phoned up and complianed, got no where finally spoke to a manager who listened back to the phonce call i had with the operatior who assured me they would value the car at £2000. AND STILL would not alter the valuation even though they were in the wrong. rubbish company. i woudlnt use them if you payed me too.

Guest Stuartl

Just renewed with adrian flux after they said they would match a quote I got from Frank Pickles £50 cheaper than original quote, BUT when I sent off photo`s for agreed value which I have done 3 times before covering 6 years, they have altered agreed value from £5000 to £3500, when I rang up to object they said they have a value assesser which says market value for Robin Hoods is between £2500 and £3500, tried to cancel policy but was told it would cost me £40 for the privalidge, so just beware, make sure you get agreed value before you part with your money. They must have known this before they took my money, this is what maddens me most, should have gone with Frank Pickles

Pete Dawson

Pete,

This is yet another bad example of how Flux do business.

I have put several postings on here about them and I, along with several others I know have had to resort to legal action to get satisfaction.

They ILLEGALLY set up a second Direct Debit from my account, breaking all the rules of the Direct Debit Guarantee to take charges from my account that were not due.

They are totally underhand and dishonest and as I have said before, I would not insure with them if they paid ME the premium.

Yes, this is my opinion and Yes I would stand up in court and defend it!!

Thank you and goodnight! :D

Sounds like breach of contract to me,keep demanding repayment of premium,they should get fed-up & probably refund "unused" portion of cash (365 days less days elapsed between start of policy & settlement day) Had a similar thing years ago when company altered cover immediately after payment & got 11 months "refund".

Guest petespine

Ironic thing is I only rang up to cancel my automatic renewal,and was asked why i was cancelling told them bad reports on here and £50 dearer but was talked into renewing because they said they would match it, they too said they would listen to my renewal conversation, which I am sure mentioned £5000 agreed value but they say not

my insurance is also with the flux

i have had a valuation for the car from the club , i was supprised re the drop in value for the car this year ,

by the insurance company .

i have sent 2 requests for a new valuation both have been ignored , the second was sent by recorded delevery .

i have sent a copy of the valuation on two ocasions both have been ignored .

not happy and i intend to change insurance companies .

graham

I have never used Adrian Flux but would never even consider them because of the blazing trail of disgruntled and mislead customers and former customers on here.

I do have experience with Frank Pickles and have found them to be cheap and have great customer service in my opinion.

Guest MarkB

well i have just gone with 2gether (liverpool and victoria the underwriters) after seeing reports on here, £111 fully comp for me and the wife. i have no no claims as i drive "pool" vehicles. 4k value although to be fair it aint even finished. organised it yesterday after a pikey had a good look at it whilst he passed in his pikey wagon.... 3 times :unsure:,got my cert and info pack this morning all i need to do is send back the current milage declaration and proof of my membership of RHOCAR. Sorted :friends:

Guest MarkB

Pete Dawson

hhmmm have you thought about your "cooling off period"....

The cooling off period is designed for you to read over the terms and conditions of the policy which should be given to you either on the telephone or "in good time" (according to FSA regulations). If you decide to cancel the policy through no fault of the insurer then you will still be charged the cancellation fee. If you can prove a fault with the policy you were sold, then the fee is not chargeable. (ie. misrepresentation, terms cannot be complied with, excesses not given at the time of inception).

Guest old_timbo

Oh Bxxxer! Just renewed with Flux and about to return the agreed valuation photos etc. as they said these need to be updated every 3 years. Agreed value up until now was £5k after I learnt the hard way how important it is to have it. Had a real battle with them last year over the premium they wanted, and was pleasantly suprised this year. Thought it was too good to be true :(

• 2 years later...

I'll just add into this for the record (apologies for the thread necro)...

Insured with AF recently and when the application forms came through there was the agreed value stuff in there too if I wanted it or not. £15 cheque and they'd do an agreed value assessment. Since my Hood is a little unusual, and has had a few choice bits put into it over the last few years, I thought I'd give this a try for £15 as it seems worthwhile. The car receipts run to just over £10k since day one, so I figured valuing the car at £5k would be fairly reasonable (more from a perspective of total loss, really). I plumped for £6k, figuring they'd talk me down to the £5k I'd be happy with ;)

It came back at the usual, standard RH market value response of £3.5k :crazy: :sorry:

I could break it tomorrow and get more in bits for it than that! Of course, the only approach they'll accept if you dispute it is for me to take it to an independant vehicle assessor (who's registered with some automotive engineer group) for a valuation - which looks very expensive to me as the only local one to me is TRW in Solihull!

The flipside is, they were still the cheapest quote by a long shot (almost half) :sorry: so it looks like, should it come to it, I'll just be arguing my case with receipts to prove, should the thing disappear of the face of the earth. But their agreed value policy? Don't waste your time and £15, there is nothing agreed about it - they enter no dialogue and simply take the standard market value (which is what the policy insures you for anyway).... so what is the point!?