Bonnet Scoop

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

I have to admit, I do like that Jess and I'm not a fan of scoops, can we see a pic of the whole car with it on?

post-3394-058981800 1283083267_thumb.jpgpost-3394-051282400 1283083337_thumb.jpgtook these in the garage as it was persistant outside.

jess.

Guest cerioli_83

Hi Jess,

Noticed JUE at end of reg... Same as mine, then looked and our plates are very similar F790 JUE... Do you know if there's a reason for this or it's just chance?

Oh, bonnet scoop's nice, i just have an issue with getting air from engine on my legs... Turbo's sat inches from my feet, so it gets a touch warm there!

Cheers

Guest scrabster

Hi Jess,

Noticed JUE at end of reg... Same as mine, then looked and our plates are very similar F790 JUE... Do you know if there's a reason for this or it's just chance?

Oh, bonnet scoop's nice, i just have an issue with getting air from engine on my legs... Turbo's sat inches from my feet, so it gets a touch warm there!

Cheers

hi,maybe your car was registered at b'ham like mine and they have a book of numbers?there is another hood which was parked near mine at stoneleigh this year with same letters and very near numbers.will be at stafford show if you want a chat.

regards,jess.

there was a chap on here who had the same number plate but with 1 numer different. mine was 154 his was 153 the rest being the same. We had both reg'd at avonmouth at a similar time so i must have been the next one with a h reg on their list.

PS like the scoops and you can never go wrong with yellow ;)

Guest scrabster

bit of an update,combonation of bonnet scoop and forced air ducting had...................................................................................................................................................................................no effect whatsoever,bummer. :( .just had a thought,the ally cowling i made for the forced air is probably stopping the air from the bonnet scoop from having any effect on the carbs so i have binned the cowling and routed the ducting to blow air under the carbs and im now going to make some sort of channel under the scoop to direct the air to the top of the carbs.if this dont work then there is one zero for sale :D

regards,jess.

Before you go ape with the hammer -- try turning your lovely yellow scoop round to face rearward (if poss.)If it ain't doing any good ramming air in ,maybe it'll drag air out. Worth a try,it's air movement in the engine bay that will reduce temp. not just stuffing more in,HTH. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Guest Spencer Griffiths

I am looking at getting my manifold camcoated inside and out with silver polished ceramic coating. Reduces the under bonnet temps really well and keeps the hot air in the manifold which will increase BHP.

http://www.camcoat.com/ There was a large article on this company in Kit Car mag a couple of months back by Nigel Dean. Worth a look.

Spencer