Grease

fry61

Grease, what type & how much.

Have just bought a small trailer tent (can't be doing sleeping on bouncy castles anymore) & have stripped down the wheel bearings,cleaned out all the old grease & checked the 2 single row bearings are O.K. When I reassemble them how full of grease should the available space be & what type of grease is best? Thanks for replies. :unsure:

Guest Stuartl

Damn! When I saw the subject I thought you might just have a lifesize cardboard cut out of Olivia Newton-John from 1977.

As you havent I shall have to make do with going to bed with the missus :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest peter2b2002

she had to be sewn into that gear to get the right fit, pack to bearings with grease I use LM2 multi purpose for the horse trailer ,don't put too much into the cap as it will pop of as the bearings heat up

peter2b

iam sure someone on here mentioned that certain lithium based greases were too slippery and the bearing slide rather than roll. thats all i can remember though. maybe someone knows more.

i normally just use a multi purpose grease when i do stuff like this.

hth

Guest Ian & Carole

,don't put too much into the cap as it will pop of as the bearings heat up

peter2b

Also if you pack to much in then you run the risk of blowing the seal, pack the bearings well and only put a small amount in the cavity between the bearings, LM2 is the one to use and remember if the bearings are tapper roller then don't tighten up rock solid they need slight play in them.

Fixed bearings need locking up solid.

HTHs