Nearly Finished, Last Few Jobs Before Iva...

Shaft

Hi all,

Well, after a very enjoyable time building my Zero over the last 9 months, im fast approaching

the time we have all had panic attacks about... yes, the IVA test! :blink:

Just got a few jobs to finish off on trim and detail, rear view mirror, fit the tonneau and front cycle wings and

then i'll be looking at taking her for a rolling road set-up prior to booking the IVA.

So, i thought i'd post my latest build pictures as it seems quite a while since i last uploaded

any to photobucket.

As usual, all comments welcome, good, bad or indifferent.

Pi55 take more than welcome, afterall, i give enough out! LOVFL. :blush:

Thanks too all who have guided me over the last 9 months and especially to the new friends i have

made simply from joining RHOCaR and this very forum. Hopefully my collection of build pictures i have

accumalated will now help many new builders, as many others peoples pictures have helped me.

The Home Straight...

With best regards, :hi:

Nick.

• Like 1

Guest gixerboy600

Hi all,

Well, after a very enjoyable time building my Zero over the last 9 months, im fast approaching

the time we have all had panic attacks about... yes, the IVA test! :blink:

Just got a few jobs to finish off on trim and detail, rear view mirror, fit the tonneau and front cycle wings and

then i'll be looking at taking her for a rolling road set-up prior to booking the IVA.

So, i thought i'd post my latest build pictures as it seems quite a while since i last uploaded

any to photobucket.

As usual, all comments welcome, good, bad or indifferent.

Pi55 take more than welcome, afterall, i give enough out! LOVFL. :blush:

Thanks too all who have guided me over the last 9 months and especially to the new friends i have

made simply from joining RHOCaR and this very forum. Hopefully my collection of build pictures i have

accumalated will now help many new builders, as many others peoples pictures have helped me.

The Home Straight...

With best regards, :hi:

Nick.

As ever Nick the following applies

Looking really good

Truly inspirational

If it doesn't pass IVA, I give up

Cracking build

Looking forward to you casting an eye over mine on Sunday mate!!!!! (be nice)

Cheers

John

What ya gonna do ? no car to build..

Wouldn't mine coming down to the rollers with you i,m intrigured as to what output you get and if yours tails off like mine at 5500rpm if you book him in advance you will get a saturday..

If you get bored you can always get carbon creative with mine B)

looks a nice job son !

shame about the carbon though. cos if you have it i cant .

trying to catch up with the guys building the zeros , as i have now got one to do .

it will have to be the best so all your ideas will be theived and added to my one .

nice job nick see you soon .

dad

Nick,

A really good Zero it should be fun next year with the number of Zero's nearly completed.

I am to busy with work right now. Winter project buld Zero in freezing garage....maybe.

Best of luck for the IVA.

Regards

Mark

Guest dinger

Well mate, Your at a place that I'm really dreading,( the unknown)

If quality workmanship gains any bonus points with an IVA man then you should pass with them alone,

Good luck mate :good:

Dont forget to fill the battery up with smoke

Just viewed the photos. Very nice build. Couple of queries as I assume you have put the pics up for feedback to eliminate possible snags.

Have you fitted stops to limit both ends of the travel on the accelerator pedal?

Wires going into the front indicators at risk of chafing if you haven't put a bit of insulation or shrinkwrap on them where they go through the hollow stud.

Did you miss out the crud plate between engine and bellhousing?

Have you added a warm up hose between the right lower rear of the block and the water pump? Might alter water flow during warm up in a non beneficial way. i.e. reduce through head flow. May also reduce flow through the rad when hot.

Not clear on front suspension geometry. Have you set camber, castor and toe? Can you do a ground level view pic of wishbones and trackrods looking from directly in front of each side of the suspension. (Only useful after suspension angles have been set to check for rack mounting height for bump steer.)

Alternator mount far too flimsy. It will fall off as soon as you've done 200,000 miles.

Nigel

post-21-066030000 1286570216_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Many thanks for the positive comments.... it means a lot, thankyou. :friends:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigel,

Great constructive response, exactly whats needed mate.

Stops on the throttle both ways? I have only the one to stop stretching of the cable / straining of the carb

linkages with full throttle useage.

All wiring is is fully sleeved mate.

Missing crud plate?? No comprende senor?

Hose from the #4 cylinder is something i was advised to do by a friend. He'd been advised to do it by Torquetune.

I looked at it, and using just my own logic, deduced it would help with the notorious "hotspot" associated with the Pinto?

I'm a willing listener mate and treat everyday as a school day, so feel free to educate me. :good:

Camber is at 1 degree negative, Castor is set to maximum i could achieve with the position of the top wishbones and it's been 4 wheel laser tracked. ( A friend has a tyre place, home call out service for a cup of Tetley and a rumage in the wifes.................. biscuit barrel. :rofl:

What do you think i could do with the alternator mount Nigel?? i was hoping it would last? :shok: lovfl.

Cheers buddy, :hi:

Nick.

• Like 1

I had a problem with the throttle pedal flicking back too far without an 'at rest' stop. Slackened the cable enough for the outer to jump out of its seating effectively shortening the cable and raising the idle speed to 5000rpm.

Crud plate. Looked as if the plate that is sandwiched between bellhousing and back of engine was missing in your photos. Pic below, although its been chopped a bit in the centre to fit a zetec. Not essential but it does stop mud, stones, small children etc getting drawn into the bellhousing. You probably did fit it and I just didn't see it!

Await photos of front suspenders.

Couple of bits of 5mm plate and some sections of scaffold poles should beef up the alternator mounts a bit. :crazy:

Nigel

That avatar is hypnotic but the snap back makes me wince every time.

post-21-021765400 1286580522_thumb.jpg

Guest Sharky

Mate

Looking good fella!

Where did you get the denso alternator t-type connector?

Also noticed that your exhaust is exiting horizontally - nowt wrong with that, but if you find you are struggling with noise for the test, it seems to be acceptable to point it downwards a bit to diffuse the sound.

Have you put some non-slip stuff on your brake pedal yet? I have used some old skate board grip tape stuff I picked up along the way.

All the best with the test matey.

Sharky