Zx6r Carbs

Thrashed

Guest jasonmorris

Just to point out one of the reasons for using the electric bike fuel pump is to not only supply low pressure fuel delivery but also to supply a constant fuel delivery. The mechanical pumps sometimes have a tendancy to pulse instead of supplying constant fuel. This results in poor setup and running.

Regards,

Jason

Guest steve8274

slightly off topic but how do people connect up to their tps. my carbs have it at the side but i dont have the plug to connect to it. just wondered what other people have done

steve

Guest The Modfather

slightly off topic but how do people connect up to their tps. my carbs have it at the side but i dont have the plug to connect to it. just wondered what other people have done

steve

I have the same problem Steve, no plug. What I was going to do was remove the plastic around the plug socket and solder the wires directly to the pins, and then cover each pin with heat shrink to protect. Just need to find out what pin does what!

Darren

Do you know what terminal does what?

Thanks

I am not using a TPS at the mo, but this website looks a winner

http://www.dataspares.com/3way.html

Plus there is this little piece from autosport labs forum I have kept on the puta from when I had R1 carbs.....

"A multi-meter is your friend here! A cheapie can be bought in Maplins for just a few Pounds, if you don't have one already (or, if not in the UK, your favourite electrical shop).

Set the meter to measure resistance then put it across a pair of pins and turn the TPS spindle. By trying various pairs you will find one that doesn't change resistance as the spindle turns. These are the fixed ends of the potentiometer, and the remaining pin is the wiper.

Now put one lead on the wiper pin, and the other on one of the fixed end pins. If the resistance starts low and increases as the spindle is turned then you've found the O volts (chassis) fixed pin. If the resistance starts high and decreases, then you've found the 5 volt fixed pin.

Make a note of which pin is what, and the job's done! "

Andi

Guest smegheadsteve

Do you know what terminal does what?

Thanks

I am using megajolt,and this is how I wired it and it worked!

Just in case I cant get my quick sketch on here.If you look down on connector,with 1 keyway on your left,and the 2 keyways on your right.Top pin is ground,middle pin is input,bottom pin is V ref.

Hope this helps,at the time I remember it took me ages to figure out what pin does what.

Steve.

ps,I new I wouldn't get my sketch on here,says file was too big to upload.Took me a whole 5 mins to do aswell!!