Standard Efi Pinto Dyno Figures ?

speedtripledan

hmmm tempted! Need to find out why it is chewing up plugs first (if it is anything other than short cold journeys).

Mine does have a shortened inlet fanimold too, don't know how that has affected it.

hi grim what colour are the plugs when you remove them after a good run? they should be a light chocolate brown. it sounds like its running too weak, or ignition timing too far advanced,or a combination of the 2. be careful if its bad enough to do a plug after only a few miles it might start eating pistons, what carb are you using cheers nick

plugs always come out with a shiny black mark near the top of the porcelain on one side, white on the other, getting blacker lower down the porcelain. Pretty sooty on the metal faces of the plug.

Last set of plugs were in for about 2 months, and i noticed a significant improvement when changing them.

I'm on standard EFI, hence the thread. It's most likely the short journeys plus the cold weather! (most journeys i do are around 2 miles).

I've taken it for a nice run out, seems happy as larry on a run, so i'm not excessively concerned.

Fatally wounded the sump now, so I'm car-less til i get the new one welded and fitted.