2b Rear Double Wishbone Coversion

Guest mighty2b

Hi,

I havent seen one.

The rear design of the chassis is all about using the Sierra DeDion setup,

I looked at modifying it when I changed the front sliding pillar to wishbones, but unlike the front chassis, the rear chassi has no obvious pick up points for the wishbone pivots. All in all a job too far really. Probably simpler to re-chassis the car completely....but that would need a new SVA/IVA test....probably!

Yup, thats the conclusion I came to, but it looked like I would have to move the diff rearwards to get a suitable pickup point for the front of the wishbones. All in all loadsa work & very little noticable improvement.

Get some sticky boots, & a decent pair of coilovers & I guarantee you will be astonished by the handling already available to you.

Bob

Guest mighty2b

Good pics,

Liking the cossie engine, must really fly.?

Anymore pics of the wishbone set-up please with the arms fitted.

thanks

Edited by mighty2b

When I finish my front suspension upgrade (tie bars) and engine gearbox fit, I plan to look at the rear of my 3a.

Thinking about a modification of the Haynes rear cradle that can be bolted up using the current mounting points for the Sierra A frame, with extra points to take in the roll bar and possibly the original shock mounts.

Probably happen next years winter mods.

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Paul

That is like some one said is amassive amount of work.

Will be interesting to see how much improves things.

From photobucket if you ctrl +c the img box then come to here and ctrl + v

IMG_0047.jpg

you get the image like this.

Hths

I know it's a lot of work but until I get another project it gives me something to plan, keeps my interest going.

I spent well over a year planning and building the Pinto, I am now researching manifolds and exhaust system harmonics.

If I do complete plans for the rear wishbones that will be about as far as I go with the S3