Mirror Suggestions Please!

megadodo

Due to someone jobsworth deciding that my screen is not IVA compliant 'cos it's missing one letter my car will be going through IVA without a screen. I am after some suggestions as to suitable wing and rear view mirrors that will be compliant for radius and viewing angles etc. . The rear view one is of concern as all the ones I find for windscreeless cars are not IVA compliant. Has anyone put the standard GBS 2b wing mirrors (the 2 hole mounting ones, not the stalk variety) through IVA and passed?

Hi, I used motorbike mirrors for SVA (£20-£25 of ebay). The "centre" mirror was the standard Sierra 1, mounted on a piece of wood, which in turn was mounted to another piece of wood wide enough to cover the vent holes and screwed from underneath (through vent holes)

Failed on mirrors first time due to "flexing" which went away when screen fitted(braced from underneath for 2nd SVA)

Nick

Photo in my Garage may show you http://www.rhocar.org/index.php?app=garage&do=view&id=108&tab=images

E numbers on screen are important, however no screen will pass unless you have a demister fitted.

Best to present without screen.

Just cover wiper spindles, if fitted, and disconnect washer pump, stops tester getting a face full if they press the button by accident, tend to be picky if upset.

Thanks for the offer of the screen. It does look like it has the symbols that I need but as pointed out I would have to now fit my wipers and heater. I haven't done that 'cos I was convinced i would have to put it through without my screen, so that's what I'll do but thnaks again.

Now, anybody got any ideas about mirrors?

For SVA on my 3a I used motorbike mirrors bolted down through the demister vents. Centre mirror was from Halfrauds; curvey asymetric shape with stickey pad fixing, sold as a mirror to watch your kids in the back. Look in Complete Kitcar, Adam Wilkins uses the same centre mirror on his Sylva Riot.