Another 2b On The Road

RedTrev

Hi guys,

I’d like to say a big

“THANK YOU”

Thank you all, who have, unknowingly, helped me to get my car on the road…. eventually!

I lose count of the number of snags I hit :wacko: but I‘d be on here searching for threads covering the issue, :help: and 99.9% of the time the answer was already here from experienced builders…i.e. you!

Cheers guys. :drinks:

My 2B…..a quick history:

2004: a wee incident in New Street B’ham put me in hospital. Some eejit decided to randomly fire a BB gun and my head got in the way :80: . Big hole in my skull but they patched me up :vava: .

2005: criminal injuries compensation gave me a bit of spare cash so I pondered on what to do with some of it. Could’ve just frittered it all away but wanted a silver lining for my cloud.

2006: bought a part built 2B off fleabay. The seller recommended RHOCaR so I took his advice and joined the club. :good: He gave me all his past copies of Boys in Hoods which was useful. At this point in time I’d never heard of internet forums …never mind RHOCaR. What an experience! :shok:

2007 to 2010: un-built then rebuilt! Should’ve just bought a new kit…. easy to say in hindsight! It wasn’t badly built, just not necessarily how I’d have done things. :nea:

Delays in getting the job finished (or excuses, if you like) include uncertainty in employment (watching the pennies), family member health issue (priorities), and the birth of my second daughter (seemed to have my hands full again!)

2011: Ready for IVA. Test arranged for 7th March in Birmingham. Passed……. happy as a pig in you-know-what.

DVLA Built-up Inspection today, on the road by 4pm. Hurray!! :yahoo:

So once again, “THANK YOU”, I look forward to seeing you at future meets and shows. :hi:

Trev

Thanks for all the kind words… :blush:

Cheers Nick, :drinks: Yes I plan to be at Stoneleigh, see you there. :hi:

Cheers Dave, :drinks: …..you mean you’ve driven it illegally :shok: ????? lol

Cheers Gaz, :drinks: yes I’ll make an effort to get to the local meets, (Malt Shovel, Stonebridge, when’s the next one?) bring your friend with you…..I quite like red highlights ;) !

Cheers Bob :drinks: .1000 miles in a month? Wow! :o Have you got limited mileage on your insurance? I declared max 3000 for mine (tax expires September).. maybe I’ll have to review this figure? :unsure:

Cheers Peter2b, :drinks: Cheers Pete the dog, :drinks: Cheers Knock-on, :drinks: Cheers Florin MW, :drinks: Cheers Megadodo :drinks: ..I bought my mirrors from RHSC at Stoneleigh some years ago. You can see them on the photos here:

Garage

I think these are the same ones at CBS:

CBS

I also had a screen mounted mirror (off an MGTF) which I reckon helped with IVA :db: Indirect Vision :db: .

HTH :hi:

Trev

Yes a thousand miles & an "Oh poo" moment today. Overtook a car on Blandford by-pass,no problem,overtook an artic----- & just level with his cab when the motor died---NOTHING---rev counter at zero,dropped the clutch & fortunately had enough momentum to complete manouver. Coasted into verge;check for damage,no pants still dry. Popped the bonnet,nothing amiss,checked all electrics,all O.K.; start pulling & checking fuses,found a dead 4amp replaced with 10 & alls well. So assume the fuse was on the edge of failure since engine build completed. Will check amp draw on that cicuit to make sure its not too heavily fused tomorrow. Guess Florin lost a life to-day!!! :unsure: