Iva Thursday 24 June

Guest Kennedy48

Guest Kennedy48

Got my iva this Thursday. Any advise, tips, hints anything abyones got. Anything to expect. I'm papping my self as the speedo stop work last week and oter little things the cars in more bits now than wen I got it

thanks

luke

Guest Ian & Carole

Luke

Embrace the tester as if he is your best mate and accept any and all advice he offers.

At the end of the day if it does fail he will be the guy doing the retest.

1st time passes are few and far between but a specific "To do" list is not the end of the world.

Hang in there you will be fine.

Luke

Embrace the tester as if he is your best mate and accept any and all advice he offers.

And a Fox's Glacier Mint ---"Is it a bribe" he asked "yes" we replied "In that case, I'll have one,thanks" First time pass at Southampton.

Listen to Ian, very good advice and I fully agree.

The test is a doddle in reality, nothing too it really, but the emotion

and turmoil they cause us, the builders, is massive.

Just check nothing is Sharp edged, nothing can rub or chaff and most importantly, ensure all dimensions and positions for your lights etc meet the IVA manual.

Best of luck for your test.

Nick.

They are there to help you pass, within the rules. Be calm, polite, don't argue and smile! Make sure you can prove the age of the engine if it has no cat and if you have a digi speedo can prove it's maximum reading is more than the cars maximum speed. Best of luck!

Guest Kennedy48

Cheers guys. Had a good look around Newark for some ideas. And will be stuck in every morning before work. The lack of sleep is hard but can't wait for the result of driving it.

Cheers

luke

Guest Kennedy48

Just realised it's the 23rd on Thursday. I'm sure it's on thirsday better check it out. Speedo working and getting there hopefully. Not much worrying now.

Guest Kennedy48

Thanks

We have just left screen on. Turned the motor around to get the right side wipe. Thought it would be worse to take window out and have to cover holes and motors and washers etc. I'm working lates so these early mornings and late nights are a killer but hopefully everything will be good

cheers

luke

Guest Kennedy48

Yeah it was yesturday. It failed. I was expecting it so not too disappointed. Il put the list up later of the failures as my grandads got the sheet and there will probably be loads of questions coming on the forum. One was the seat belt mountings. He said it is a problem on the 2b. He said he would like a piece of angle from one side to the other to each side of the chasis for extra support. Back in the garage haha