Zero Iva

Guest ethanicus

Guest ethanicus

Hi All,

After waiting 4 months for a retest date after the Zero just missed out on the emission is finally past on Monday afternoon with flying colours. Due to a small air leak on the first test the CO was 0.44, on the retest it went through at 0.05 with lambda dead on 1 and 9hc.

Overall a very good experience at Mitcham and Ian was very helpful and friendly during the whole process.

Since I have waited this long I will wait until the 1st September to register so I can get a 61 plate.

For those who are interested, you can see a few dodgy Iphone pics of the day here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/muddyquads/IVATEST?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNjStv2kgYeAswE&feat=directlink

Almost on the road..... then up to AT Speed Racing in Essex for a full rolling road session 

Guest jaybeee

Congrats I passed last Thursday just waiting for DVLA! Can't wait to get it on the road my brother asked me to take it to Brighton on Sunday this week but I can't see I can get it registered by then

Guest oddsocks

Hi All,

After waiting 4 months for a retest date after the Zero just missed out on the emission is finally past on Monday afternoon with flying colours. Due to a small air leak on the first test the CO was 0.44, on the retest it went through at 0.05 with lambda dead on 1 and 9hc.

Overall a very good experience at Mitcham and Ian was very helpful and friendly during the whole process.

Since I have waited this long I will wait until the 1st September to register so I can get a 61 plate.

For those who are interested, you can see a few dodgy Iphone pics of the day here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/muddyquads/IVATEST?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Almost on the road..... then up to AT Speed Racing in Essex for a full rolling road session 

Well done john, got to the other one built now!

Cant get your link to work.

Jamie

Guest Alan_builder

Hi All,

Congratulations ethanicus.

Please check out the delay time for your BUVIR at the local DVLA Office. Some Offices only do the test / inspection one day a week so registering your car can take 10 days. You should be able to start the process and get your Tax and numberplate documents about 2 days prior to the 1st of September.

Don't delay start today!

Guest ethanicus

Thanks, I have been told a car with a new reg doesn't need a build up inspection. Or are DVLA wimbeldon pulling my chain?

All the paperwork is in the post as we speak :-)

Guest Alan_builder

Thanks, I have been told a car with a new reg doesn't need a build up inspection. Or are DVLA wimbeldon pulling my chain?

All the paperwork is in the post as we speak :-)

A pinch of salt is in order.

DVLA Reading say all kit cars have to have a BUVIR no exceptions, when asked they didn't know what the registration would be, Q, age related or new. The IAC of course dose not help with registration a registration number, so its only when they issue a registration number that they can say what number it has and that of course is after the BUVIR.

So in short yes I feel thay have flushed you away.

I think I have had one experience with Wimbledon in the past, the person didn't know what they were on about, my client went back with my advice and then things started to move forward. Of course that is not to say the person is still there, you hope.