Gearbox ?

Guest gazza1591

Guest gazza1591

Hi All

On speaking to GBS today they can supply all the donor parts i will need a part from the gerabox.

just wondering how much one will cost me ? and which is the best to go for ?

im going for a new zetec engine.

thanks

Gaz. I am fitting an MT75 in to mine. I got my gearbox from GBS, they myst have finaly run out of supply of donor cars they once had. You can get a fully refurbished MT75 for £350 from e-bay. it of a long linke, but here it is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sierra-Granada-Capri-Kit-Robin-Hood-Locost-MT75-Gearbox-/110742804057?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c8c91659#ht_1926wt_1398

I am not sure if a type 9 gearbox mates to the Zetec or not, I suspect it will.

might be wrong as i haven't done it myself but from what i read on here a type 9 to zetec will work but needs a few mods. I believe it needs a specific starter motor and needs a bit of the webbing on the engine cutting away. i might be wrong but its worth checking before buying one if you just want it to bolt together no probs.

hth

I bought my MT75 from MrGearbox on eBay (on the above link) a few months ago. He's a reall helpful guy and the box was excellent. Well packaged and delivered exactly when he said. He also supplied me with a clutch release arm for the box too. Highly recommended!

Russell

Recon gearboxes are quite a lot of money, most secondhand boxes are absolutely fine ad long as you check the oil is clean ish, type 9 and MT85 both fit.

As the Zetec was only designed for transvers fitting both in line boxes will need webbing on the sump cutting awayto fit a starter.

The CVH starter has a short nose and will fit.