Nylocs For 2B Wishbone Lower Balljoint

baj25

Can anyone spare a couple of nylocs for bottom wishbone balljoint on a 2B? I got all the other fine thread nylocs I needed from local engineer's merchant, but he doesn't do these. A quick google only finds bulk quantities. I think that the thread is M10x1.0. Thanks for looking, Brian

Had a quick measure tonight and the actual thread seems to be M12x1.25, which are fairly easy to get on fleabay (the lad in the eng merchants obviously marked the wrong item on my list as being unavailable). So, I'll get some ordered from there, so cancel the wanted on these nuts. Thanks for looking.

Al, yes, my searching on here reminded me of that, I'm getting some split pins off my mate tomorrow. Though mine was fine for the last 4 years without pinning. Ta, Brian

Wasn't there also a suggestion on the 2B lower wishbone to drill and secure with a split pin (after torquing up) even if you had nylocs as there was tendency for this nut to loosen over time?

Or am I going mad?

First question The loose nut was the big'un holding the joint in the arm;needs a tear-drop lock-tab made & fitted/locked to the wish-bone with a steel rivet.

Second question Probably!!