Sensor Posistion For Speedo

churchy

Hi, can anyone help me, I have a robin hood S7, just installed new dash with smith fligth dails. The speedo inductive sensor needs to be 2mm away from whatever it is going to sense and i have ran the cable to the rear of the car and cannot get back to the gearbox now as i have installed a new interoir, so it must sense at the rear, has anybody got any ideas on where to mount the sensor and what it can sense, please help as this is the last part to fit after a 6 month total strip down and rebuild and i am itching to get out and about in her,thanks

Hi

Flight instruments should have a three wire hall sensor which will pick up any metal object, point it toward the bolt heads of the diff prop flange.

also has a light on the back which flashes when it can see a target. they are not keen on magnets, as they tend to magnetise what they are mounted to and confuse the sensor.

Zero has a bridge across the tunnel above the diff flange which the from which the sensor point toward the bolt heads

Regards

thanks guys, the replys have been really helpfull and also to nigel as a picture paints a thousand words, this is the first time i have used the forums and have been overwhelmed with the response and the friendleness of everybody. i shall be using this again, once again thanks for all your help. Andy

thanks for that florin metal works and i think that i will try nigels set up first and see how i get on, i will let you know how i get on when the weather improves as well as my sore throat and tried legs allow me, thanks for all your inputs, most gratefully received and hope to meet up with some of you over the summer months

hi, i fitted my speed sensor for the speedo picking up the face of the bolts on the rear prop as it joins the diff with a sturdy bracket attached to the under side of the bodywork, just like nigels picture, then it was a simple task of adjusting the sensor to the biggest gap with the LED sensing which is 2mm as they say then a drive to calibrate the speedo which is so easy. thanks again for all your help everybody. Cheers Andy. P.S. i am a happy boy as the car is out and about on the road as it should be putting the biggest smile on my face and the best thing fun i have had with my cloths on?