Helmet Or No Helmet?

Guest mcramsay

Guest paul c

If you do purchase a helmet i would go for a car specific one as they have a duck bill which prevents helmet lift,

Others may have different opinion? your choice.

Regards Paul

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dinger

Helmet lift???

I get helmet lift quite alot,, I'm surprised as I smoke quite alot and am getting old!

I always wear a helmet, Its closed face but has no visor, but a peak and sungalsses that drop down from inside the lid, Also wear ballistic strength glasses,

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/helmets/omp-speed-10-hans-helmet

My advise is to spend as much as you can afford, not as little as you can get away with,

Guest mcramsay

thanks for the advice guys, im now just trying to decide wether to go for a full face helmet or not! i dont want to look like too much of a knob, but i dont want broken teeth either!

Old f4rts view, don't forget that mobility in a car with seat belt restraint is less than being able to swivel round in the saddle;add the restiction to lateral vision from the helmet shell & can you now see clearly into the mirror "blind spot"? being old & less supple I find it difficult to turn round enough especially for the accute "Y" junction.

I am surprised from this thread how few people (in particular those with aeroscreens) there seem to be who don't wear helmets. I think that wearing safety glasses is a "no brainer" decision, however in my opinion helmets take away some of the enjoyment from driving my RH as well as the vision problems which Florin has commented on.

Each to their own I suppose, and I understand people's caution