Wifi Security

owlman2222

Noted about the AES over WPA. Key loggers though are usually trapped by your UP TO DATE anti virus programs.

Also make sure that your firewall program is turned on and blocking dial in attempts from unknown origins.

The big three things to make sure about are

1) up to date anti virus (I use Avast or AVG)

2) Firewall on and working

3) Wireless security on and most secure.

Oh, and don't run ANY program from the net without scanning it first.

Simon.

avast over AVG but kaspersky over them both

thats why i like kaspersky its promps you to scan first with any program you ither download or install throught the web or usb/dvd/cd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

just make sure with PSK the wps pin is not broadcasting

.....and in English?? :sorry: :rofl:

It's not broadcasting mate and i always use the virtual keyboard for log ins etc...

They'd be bloody good hackers to get my bank details Jono, never done online banking. Only use a low limit credit card for any

online purchases.

Kaspersky is the nuts... i believe it's the only one that refuses to give the CIA any access rights?? (Something i heard many moons ago??)

.....and in English?? :sorry: :rofl:

It's not broadcasting mate and i always use the virtual keyboard for log ins etc...

They'd be bloody good hackers to get my bank details Jono, never done online banking. Only use a low limit credit card for any

online purchases.

it quite easy get you drunk on dan's home made beer and you will give us all we require :crazy: :rofl:

why bother hacking the pc, some cheeky bu$$er got my card details off a retailer and managed to blag Halifax phone banking (which I have never used) and got themselves £7k balence transfer.

First I heard was when I got my statement.

Weakest link in the security chain - the bank!

I heard Kaspersky was setup by a russian, possibly why they don't let the cia in. Although not sure which is better to give access to my computer.

I personally use linux which has very little virus problems (at the moment) but i do have a windows box which i use AVAST with good results so far. Also saw, for you Android people out there, that avast do a free mobile virus program that gives you remote delete and other fancy things should your phone go walkies.

bit of paper in the house is one of the safest places to store your computer passwords! not so easy to hack.

Guest zoomzoom

Nick sorry mate just hacked in to your computer, just looked at what you have been tapping on your google search bar.

Confused by one thing though, what are hung ladyboys?

Nick sorry mate just hacked in to your computer, just looked at what you have been tapping on your google search bar.

Confused by one thing though, what are hung ladyboys?

They are usually of Malaysian persuasion, incredibly beautiful but quite often fail the drop and cough test? :rofl:

I use Fedora 11 mostly, but I have used all flavours from SuSE, Redhat, Ubuntu

Not forgetting of course the bootable CD versions like knoppix which come in handy for rescuing most Windows PCs :)

I always get gasps of astonishment when I can do stuff like that - never fails to amuse :)

Simon.

i mostly use backtrack and ubuntu

some people just cant beleve what u can to with other operating systems and dont beleve you till you show them. if i had £1 for every persons jaw that hit the floor why i was sorting there pc out i would be well rich.