Wifi Security

owlman2222

Kasperski are Russian... and they (Russians) are the virus kings, so they are good and should know their onions.

NOD 32 for me though.. waay less intrusive .

And never got any kind of virus on any ladyboy site or "men who might" sites in over 4 years now.

Andi

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Backtrack linux? I'll have to look that one up - there's just SO many now :)

I have a grab bag that I take round when people ask me to fix their PC and it has all sorts of useful stuff like that.

Sometimes though it's just a dead power supply which is an easy fix :)

Simon.

Mainly Ubuntu. Just built a new PC and installed latest ubuntu 11 something (i think) mum didn't like the unity desktop so switched to KDE. Saved well over £100 on Windows 7 or suchlike and does pretty much the exact same thing. For those who don't know about linux you can switch the desktop environment, so if you don't like the windows bar across the botttom style you can switch it to something like the mac system. bit like using the same chassis but switching the body to what you want.

I've tried a few over the years, again for the same reasons rescuing a windows machine. Always liked slax but sadly not really installable.

The one thing that i find awesome about linux that is difficult to explain to others in the repository of programs. Unlike windows where you have to install a program and hope that it isn't a virus etc linux has a library of programs that are safe and install at the click of a button. no searching around the web for dodgy programs.

Thanks for the heads up on Backtrack 5. Started the torrent download now.

Looks like an interesting package.

Simon.

if you need any codes for it let me know i have 100's pages most of them are off google

with BT5 you can run it off cd or install it on HDD

if you need any codes for it let me know i have 100's pages most of them are off google

with BT5 you can run it off cd or install it on HDD

Once I get it down from the net and try it out I will find out more about it. Thanks for your offer, I'll get back to you if I get stuck :)

Simon.