Gauges Or Digi Dash?

Guest Andy Gaskell

Guest Andy Gaskell

Hi all...

Im torn between digi dash's and gauges n one hand i like moving needles on the other hand the digi dash has more features etc...

What have people used in there cars?? whats the best cost effective gauges and digi dashes people have found

Andy

Guest snowy2

I have a digi dash because it can be programmed to account for tyre wear. checking the accuracy it is closer than 0.5 % at 70mph (my seedo shows 70 mph at 69.9 mph by sat nav and i also stop watched a measured mile)

the other gauges I have are oil pressure, battery volts, fuel gauge,and a vacuum gauge (very useful on carburetors engine) and a time clock.

I have in the past covered my dash with one of every gauge you could find, but if your actually driving your not looking at them. to be honest the only time you check them is at shows when everyone else gets a look

This is one of those impossible debates I'm afraid Andy. The choice is really down to personal

taste in my opinion.

Gauges look classic and can be arranged as you wish.

Digi Dash looks simple and clean.

Cost??? I would say there's nothing between the 2 if your going for a good make etc....

My ETB lite 2 cost £400 and I love it.

ETB gauges are a similar price for the usual ones fitted as a set.

Guest Andy Gaskell

i may go with the digital dash and a few small dials just to add abit of something to the dash so its not so plain.. its tough i like the classic dials and needles but like the efficiency of the digital options..

• 5 months later...
Guest Andy Gaskell

Going to go with the ETB Digi dash. Were they easy enough to install for you guys? fuel sender ok etc that comes with the kit? Did anyone manage to get a wiring diagram of the loom to fit the digi dash or is a case of spending time with a multimeter and find the cables yourself?

Can't say I like the look of the ETB; my choice would be the SPA dash system, but then there is considerable price difference - the ETB is certainly cheap (but looks it). I like the dials of the SPA system, coupled with the features such as the warning lights and analogue speedo. When you think of all the sensors you get with it, it's not actually bad money. Certainly would pick it over a Stack, that's for sure.

I really prefer an analgoue tacho, but to be honest my ideal dash display would be a single rev counter, a digital speedo somewhere within it to remain legal, and then no other 'gauges' - just a flourescent/OLED display that remains configurable to display temperatures, pressures or fuel levels. For example, only highlight stuff to me when I need to know (ie. low fuel, low oil pressure, high water temperature) but otherwise allow me to cycle the display with a wheel-mounted button - bit like a modern trip computer as fitted to most new cars these days.

Suffice to say I have a very long-term electronics project to make the above :) but the progress on it is so bad, snails have long since overtaken it (lapped it, even).

I admired the digital speedos in "Car Builder Solutions", but found them cheaper (and a bigger range) at www.digital-speedos.co.uk

For me, the service was good too.

I chose a digital one for my super-spec, as the supplied (Fiesta?) one was hopelessly mismatched, and I the warning lights weren't always bright enough.

-Steve