Front Suspension On A 2B Any Help Please?

Guest Rob Young

Guest Rob Young

Hi everyone,

Has anyone changed or have any ideas about changing a front pillar suspension to the latest wishbone front suspension on a 2B (going to to cost me a fortune!!)?

Any help or info will be much appriciated,

I was also wondering if any members are living in the Poole/Bournemouth Area?

Rob Young

Evening Rob,Have got 5 on my membership list,not sure how many are active. Keep your car in one piece & join us on Poole Quay 1st June --- see Quay for my car post & add your name,regards Bob. (Southern Area Sec -- but without the uniform & gun as only just made up)

1st thing to ask is why are you wanting to change to wishbone.

mr sheen/tazzmann on here used to have a sliding pillar and embarassed many of newer and wishbone equipped car at barkston heath.

ive got a sliding pillar and with his info got it handling lots better. im not changing thats for sure

Kitspares (Robin Hood/GBS) do a kit, but you must be able to weld

http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=16&product=5160&catsub=0

factory fit it for a price

All I have spoken to says it transforms the car for the better, but I have little experience of driving before or after, only the fact that all sevenesk cars I can think off currently have double wishbone, but will stand corrected if anyone knows different.

Guest Ian Maycock

Rob

I am in the process of doing this conversion. it is taking a lot longer than i thought it would but then i am taking my time to try and get it right fist time. regarding the cost. I have accumulated the various bits and pieces over a period of time. The wishbones cost me £80.00 off ebay and included both sets plus front wing brackets and top mushroom joints. You will need to replace the existing hubs as the ones you have have been butchered to fit the sliding pillar. i got a pair of ebay for £40.00. you can still use the existing calipers.

you will also need poly bushes approx £100 from Superflex and of cousre a pair of coilover dampers £180 from Great British Sports Cars. Brackets are required for hanging the wishbones 4 each side plus another two each side for the coilovers. I have fabricated mine from rectangular box section and introduced an ellement of adjustement in the top wishbone for castor.

Finally you will need new side panels to take account of the new holes required and previous holes no longer required

I hope its worth it.

HTH