Iva Retest

Thrashed

Well the good news is it passed,😃 woo hoo. At the end of 5 years building so glad to have got that hurdle out the way.

I originally failed in oct 2011 and had a list of things to sort most of which were easy enough.

The tester was very helpful. When he gave me the certificate I nearly huged him but thought better off it!

After the test drove to Worcester to sort registration and that is another mass of red tap 😡 Looks like it should be registered on an age related for 1st July. Just hope the summer lasts that long!

Who did the re-test, was it Mick?

Yer, it was Mick. He was definitely looking to get it passed and tick a lot of the little bits of very quickly. Whole retest only took about 1.5 hours. Had to do the brake test twice and front rear balance was 51% on the first test and a pass is 60%. So he ran it on the rollers getting the brakes warmed up and then retested and it got too 63%. Too close but he agreed it got a lot better with heat and once they have bed in they should improve.

Cheers

Steve

Congratulations, great feeling isn't it!!

Best and worst. Never been so nervous in my life. Even getting married and having a kid was less stressful! But passing is the greatest feeling. Just gutted I have to wait until July for registration as looking at the weather today it would have been great for a first drive. Mope the summer last more than a week!

Guest steve8274

congratulations.

have you tried a different dvla office(if another one is local)

the reason i ask, when i passed mine recently, went to manchester dvla office and they were a joke. they wanted to see the car first. that wasnt a problem, car was outside. however they wouldnt look at it since i hadnt made an appointment.

i thought stuff them and went to preston dvla. all done with certificate to get my number plates in 40 mins. couldnt praise them enough.

maybe worth a try

hth

steve