Ive Got Something In Common With Jenson Button.

Guest scrabster

No laughing matter gents; we build to drive; not break-down. Still on the upside it was a beautiful day to be stuck on the road side,bum in air trying to figure what the HELL has gone wrong now & the other half asking if this is how kit cars normally work (or not)

Guest zoomzoom

I had exactly the same problem with the zero at blyton last time stopping out on track with fuel pickup issues

Good to see that my car and mclaren have almost the same build quality.

Guest Kennedy48

What happened this time Luke??

Fuel related we think. But now we ave noticed that the inside of the fuel pipe has perished. It's alright when the tank is full but when the tank is below half (for some reason I don't know yet) the rubber fuel line collapses under suction. So new fuel lines will be going in. And hopfully that will solve the problem.

Fuel related we think. But now we ave noticed that the inside of the fuel pipe has perished. It's alright when the tank is full but when the tank is below half (for some reason I don't know yet) the rubber fuel line collapses under suction. So new fuel lines will be going in. And hopfully that will solve the problem.

Hi Luke

Have you checked that the fuel tank is vented?

Guest Kennedy48

Hi Luke

Have you checked that the fuel tank is vented?

Yes fuel tank is vented but will be taking the boot out today to see if it's blocked. Problem is I'm off to work this afternoon when my grandads going to move the fuel pump from front to back. So after he has drilled holes all over my car I have no idea what itl be like tomorrow. I'm ready to throw the car in the bin

Guest zoomzoom

Marcus.....Jensons issue was a pickup valve not working, yours was a lack of fluid to pick up......similar but technically different ;)

Ahh.... Rob cast your mind back to the press release at the time

"car 6 suffered from an fuel pick up issue while on a cooling down lap, the problem is believed to lie within the fuel supply level control valve which will be confirmed in a later press release". Reuters