Here's The Stone Through The Rad.

Longboarder

Vibration is down to the engine floor panels which support the engine mounts. Although I have strengthened these I would need to add much more bracing steel to eliminate the problem. So the car still buzzes a bit at 70 in fifth. Easily solved by driving at 65 or 75.

Nigel

Guest merc190provan

I have a brand new set of Std Ford injectors if you would like them, £30.00 posted. can`t post till after next week though.

Edited by merc190

Thanks but have already bought and fitted new delphi/lucas D3181AA. It's mapped for these although it may need tweaking as two of the old injectors were so poor.

Had the engine back together this evening and running. Hope to make the rolling road runs at Quantum, this Saturday morning.

Still have to free off the front brakes which are siezed. Early start!

Nigel

Made it to the RR session. Car behaved itself perfectly and the headgasket leak seems sorted.

Didn't disgrace itself on the rollers by dumping any fluids or going bang. Made good power and got it's picture taken by Ian Stent for the article in Complete kit car.

Met Bob and Sylvia who had come down from Salisbury and Neil and James (local hoodies).

Now going to sorn it till I get back from Oz.

Nigel

It was cold, seemed to last ages and James and Neil went home before they got their run. The spire, a three wheeler and a couple of others had problems which were fixed while they were on the rollers so that took time. On the other hand Ian had laid on tea, coffee, rolls, sausages, bacon, pot noodle and crisps so that was hospitable of him. We all had the usual chat putting the world to rights, kicking tyres and sniffing exhaust fumes. All in all a good trip out apart from the cold.

Nigel

post-21-0-44497900-1362505840_thumb.jpg