Replacement Radiator Fan

Guest winmoz

OK, so am 3 weeks into being a 2B owner and have completed a cam belt change, full service, clean of the fuel system, flud swap and general fettle.

Having finished all this, took the car for a bit of a spin and managed to overheat.

The fan is not working at all (total failure) so am looking for a replacement. Anyone got any good suggestions? I hear that Renault 5 units fit, but I fancy a new one. Before I hit eBay I thought I'd ask you chaps for tips.

Cheers (again)

You can get cheapy ones on ebay that look that Pacet copies, but I'll tell you now, they do NOT shift air anything like the real thing. having said that, I've got one on the Hood (a £30 jobbie off ebay) and it does the job - but the proper £100 Pacet affairs are night and day difference. You pays your money and all that....

I had a bit of a fiddle, but will try running it with a direct connection.

Interestingly I have 3 switches (out of 5) on the dash that all seem to do nothing so I guess I have some fun ahead of me as I chase them back to something.

I also have an Ignition switch behind a red flip up cover that seems to do nothing at all apart from light up a red light when it is set to the on position. Car runs with it in the off position. Think who ever had the car before was a bit of a joker - hence the blue LED side repeaters for the indicators and the stereo system on a car with a 10 inch silencer!

Right off to make a logic probe out of bits of wire and suspect looking brake light........

Do u have the elec demisters too? That may account for another switch!

Good call. That's 1 down 3 to go. Weird pseudo ignition switch turns on some coloured LED side bullet lights (nice). But none of them activate the fan.

Fan works when wired direct to a power source so am off rig up a direct control switch.