Fitting New Alloys - Need Help To Work Out Offset (Superspec 05)

Guest donaldthomps

Guest donaldthomps

Hello, I will be fitting Compomotive ML Alloys to my Superspec 05, before I can order I need to work out the PCD for them - can anyone advise?

Here's whats on the car right now;

Team Dynamics - pic below.

Wheel Size = 6.5 J x 15

PCD = 4 x 108 Ford (corrected from 100)

Offset = ET + 38

The new Compomotive wheels will be 7 x 15

PCD = 4 x 100 Ford

Offset = ?

Any help much appreciated!

Donald

i thought ford wheels were 108pcd not 100? might be wrong though.

As for the offset you will have to ask the manufacturer what offsets are available. Do they give you a choice? as if you know the offsets then you can then work out which you will need to clear the arches etc.

Positive Offset - The plane of the hub mounting surface is shifted from the centerline toward the front or outside of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Think i understand that as pos+ offset brings the wheel closer to the car. So Et15 will stick further out than et38. So hopefully my thinking is corrrect that you need lower numbers with a wider rim to move the wheel out a bit.

hth

Guest mower man

Hello, I will be fitting Compomotive ML Alloys to my Superspec 05, before I can order I need to work out the PCD for them - can anyone advise?

Here's whats on the car right now;

Team Dynamics - pic below.

Wheel Size = 6.5 J x 15

PCD = 4 x 100 Ford

Offset = ET + 38

The new Compomotive wheels will be 7 x 15

PCD = 4 x 100 Ford

Offset = ?

Any help much appreciated!

Donald

PCD should be 108 !

what tyres on 7" rims ?

Irun 205x50x15 on 6.5 rims with 38 0ffset and fit it offers plenty of tyre

max 1mm toe in ,1.5deg neg camber and around 5deg caster on the front andas nearto zero camber on the rear HTH mower man

Guest donaldthomps

PCD should be 108 !

what tyres on 7" rims ?

Irun 205x50x15 on 6.5 rims with 38 0ffset and fit it offers plenty of tyre

max 1mm toe in ,1.5deg neg camber and around 5deg caster on the front andas nearto zero camber on the rear HTH mower man

Thanks for the correction on PCD!

The tyres on the Team Dynamics are 205/50R15 86V Yokohama, have been told I can move the onto the new wheels with no issues.

Sound OK?

Guest donaldthomps

Update: I got to the bottom of this, I have gone for a cheaper wheel (well under half the price).

JBW Mini Lite in Silver, not the same, but perfect - http://www.randr-alloys.co.uk/alloy-wheels/mamba/mini-lite-15x7

The ET on these are Zero (0), not ET 15.

These are 15 x 7, so at the back the wheel will come out 15mm which is fine, at the front, the wheel arch bracket will need to be replaced I understand to accomodate the 15mm offset.

Any comments on this before I purchase?

How will this change affect handling in the car, it should make it a little sharper - I maybe wrong!?!?

Thanks,

Donald

Guest donaldthomps

i thought ford wheels were 108pcd not 100? might be wrong though.

As for the offset you will have to ask the manufacturer what offsets are available. Do they give you a choice? as if you know the offsets then you can then work out which you will need to clear the arches etc.

Positive Offset - The plane of the hub mounting surface is shifted from the centerline toward the front or outside of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Think i understand that as pos+ offset brings the wheel closer to the car. So Et15 will stick further out than et38. So hopefully my thinking is corrrect that you need lower numbers with a wider rim to move the wheel out a bit.

hth

Hi, the garage has advised I go for 7 x 15 with an offset of zero - more info in my post if you have a moment to read?

Guest donaldthomps

Can you not adjust your existing cycle wing brackets to accommodate the new off set?

Hi, I went to the Robin Hood showroom today to discuss, they advised that the wheel would not fit the front arch.

Until I get a wheel to test, I wont know - managed to borrow one on Sunday so will know then!

Guest mower man

Thanks for the correction on PCD!

The tyres on the Team Dynamics are 205/50R15 86V Yokohama, have been told I can move the onto the new wheels with no issues.

Sound OK?

The tyres will be at max stretch on 7" rims but you should be ok mowerman

• 2 weeks later...