Rear Coil Overs

biksz

I fitted gaz coilovers to my 2b which is sierra rear end using the brackets from kit spares and the dampers and springs from damper tech.I have some 300lb springs going cheap if needed ,I decided to fit 350lb ones. Whole job took a couple of hours.

it can be done and i've seen it done, but you need unusually long dampers custom made, a much softer spring rate than normal and it loads the trailing arm in bending more than it was designed to be.

I'm sure it'd probably be ok, but would cost more for the dampers and a few sets of springs until you can judge which ones you want.

don't think i'd trust the damper bracket on the sierra rear. It wasn't designed for the job of taking the weight of the car on the spring. As above, just fit into the spring cup with a few brackets. If you have a welder it would be dead easy to knock up the mounts.

Agent Z

My S3 and many other mono's use it

Without any problems

The metal is stronger than the brackets welded to 2b bottom wishbones

sorry you are correct. I had a feeling for some reason they weren't fully welded around, but just had a look on mine and stand corrected.

although i still wouldn't use them on a 2b setup. much easier to put them in the spring dish as they are nice and upright then into the roll bar mount, and you'd get a bit of space back in the boot area.

have a feeling the estates don't have that bracket for some reason. think it was on the RH videos? but could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time ;) )

hi,

you just need some of these http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=16&product=4959&catsub=0 which go into the roll bar tube instead of the upturned cups that are used with the sierra spring.

and then basically just the bracket bit of the above that you can bolt or weld into the wishbone where the sierra spring sits ( don't seem to sell them on the site?!)

if you are handy with a welder it is pretty easy to knock them up using the tubes you already have and a few bits of bar.

a couple of these bolted between and you are good to go http://www.kitspares.co.uk/shop/item.php?cat=16&product=5143&catsub=13

agent i got them shocks of sparks and the kit i got is the s3 which is not the round tubed chassis and the roll bar seems to be more off line than in line with the spring cup will try post a pic.