Weber 32/36 Dgav Auto Choke Issues

Guest aidankinnell

Guest aidankinnell

The aim in the build today was to try moving the car under its own power, in a sense this worked however I had a few issues with the engine cutting out. To solve this my mate had to hold the carb flaps shut as the auto choke had decided it was warm enough to open - clearly the engine had other thoughts.

So I think I have a few options:

1) Retain the auto choke and adjust to stop the flaps opening so soon. Not sure how easy or reliable this would be.

2) Convert to a manual choke using one of the kits off the web (Circa £50). Again, how easy or reliable?

3) Buy a new Weber 32/36 DGV carb, probably about £200 but would eliminate any potential 'used' issues.

Any thought or ideas please?

Keen on retaining the general setup I have, not interested in bike carbs or similar at the moment.

Once I've got this sorted I need to look at the idle speed and mixture settings but need a reliable carb first.

Going back to car moving under its own power, this worked as long as my mate walked alongside me!

Aidan

Guest Tweedy

Before re-setting the auto choke mechanism I should check inside by removing the three screws to make sure that the tongue from the bi-metallic strip is engaged with the choke operator.

Cheers Mike