Quaife Atb Diff Buy Unit And Fit Or Complete Diff

Guest whiz

Well guys I'm totally hacked off with my Zero, I've been trying to fit a LSD to the car without much luck. The shafts keep pushing out the CV joints even with 20mm spacers behind the hubs. Was out on a run today and gave it some serious welly all was fine until after 50 miles went over a small yump when the car landed I lost drive the CV joint popped again.

So I think the only way forward is to refit the push in shaft setup instead of the bolt in setup and fit an ATB Quaife in the tripod diff. Now these sell for about £600 I would need someone to fit it correctly at what cost or do I buy a complete new unit at a cost of £1,200 which I could fit myself no problem.

Has anybody had one fitted and at what cost

Andy

Was luck enough to buy a spare from a racer ready fitted

Best to keep looking for a fully fitted one

I would think fitting one would cost about £200 to your own diff, Quaife make more money by cleaning up the cases and fitting new every thing

£1200 is a lot, do Rally Design do one fitted?

Hi Stuart he has a similiar problem but his will be sorted with longer wishbones dont think its an option on the zero. going to speak with Richard at Stoneleigh meantime its going back to standard the whole lot was stripped out yesterday in an hour.

Hi Whiz

How do the drive shafts pop out?, there should be a retaining clip on the inside of the diff to stop this from happening. I would think that it is there to allow the spiders to slide on the shafts and to stop the shafts falling out of the diff. If you can look at an exploded view of the diff on the net you will see the clips listed they look like a thick circlip. They may have been left out by a previous owner when splitting the diff and shafts to save undoing the drive shaft bolts. Look forward to seeing you at Stoneleigh how much will the excess baggage be for the ZERO!!

Hope the above helps

Allan

Hi Allan I've changed the diff from a push in one to a lobro bolt on type the shafts where refurb'd by me with new CV joints. When the shaft pushes out from the CV joint it leaves the centre part still attached on the shaft as the two circlips hold this in place leaving the outer part attached to the stub axle with the end of the shaft waggling about inside the void. The shafts seem to be too long even with 20mm spacers on.

Introduce yourself at Stoneleigh

Andy

Hi whiz we met at Newark last year I was in the tent next to the three of you.If you look on www.super7thheaven.co.uk there is a build manuel with all the part no's listed. Which end falls apart diff or hub.Hope the weather is better than last year. Can you post a photo of the offending parts

Regards

ALLAN

Andy,

I've just done this mod on my 2b, which part pops out? Any pics to check where the problem is.

When you refurb'ed the shafts did you use lobro joints inboard and left the tripoid on the hub end or did you use lobro inner and outer?

Les

Hi Allan yes I remember who you are. Now this time it happened at the hub end. but it has done it at both ends, its the same as if you hold the shaft in one hand and hold the cv joint in the other and push the shaft through the cv joint it seperates thats what it is doing on the car.

Les I have used lobro joints on both ends of the shaft inner and outer

Andy

Guest donaldthomps

Hi, I will be fitting an LSD to my 2013 Zero in the next month - so I guess this will bee a problem for me too?

Would you mail me link for the lobro required please?

Thanks, Donald

Hi Nigel yes I have got a clip either side of the joint as there should be as for the right or wrong way round I have to hold my hands up and say I don't know.

Andy

Guest donaldthomps

Hi Donald im just using a standard Sierra XR4x4 lsd rear end. ive actually got two now so thinking off selling one or both if I go with getting a quaife

Hi, don't quite understand the issue, but here is my situation - I have a Sierra XR4i LSD ready to fit when the new chassis is ready.

My 2B SuperSpec has LSD and has covered 5K with no issues (soon to be sold)

What should I be looking at?