S7 Rear Ride Height

theduck

I have a sierra based s7 with separate shocks and springs and noticed today that the near side sits about an inch higher than the offside (gap between tyre and arch) is there a way to adjust the ride height to compensate? Arches appear to be fitted the same height each side so don't think it's that!

its same set up as mine duck only things i would check is the spring is sat in correct place and that the dampers are not soft or leaking.and that the springs are the same size i.e not had one cut down lol was the car on a level surface too as that will affect it

never checked to be honest but seems to sit level oh other thing to check which i did not think made a difference but makes alot is the tyre pressures the front of mine was half inch out when measured hight turned out the tyre pressures was a milke out one was 28psi the other was 15psi put 18psi int each tyre and solved it

The only measurements that matter are ground to floor-pan. Fronts must be equal, left to right and rears equal. Measure over flat horizontal surface. Some say with equivalent weight of driver in seat or even driver + passenger if that's how the car is usually used. Some say empty. The floor-pan is flat. Rear measure should be 1/2 to 1inch higher than front. (My New 3 target settings are 5.5 and 6 but I have a high sump.) When raising or lowering one corner there is a diagonal opposite effect. Front left raised - rear right will lower slightly. Roll car a yard forward and back after each adjustment to settle the change. Make each measurement with the car on the same spot.

The arch to tyre height depends so much on the build of the car, how symmetrical the parts are, etc that it is no guide to suspension setting.

Nigel

Nigel