Radiator Is From?

biksz

hi has any one got an idea what the s7 rad is of as I don't want to pay £130 for one if I can get one from ford breakers for £30 as will need expansion bottle and longer hoses if I fit the rad in the nose cone.

I have a Cortina radiator for sale if It helps

looks like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CORTINA-RADIATOR-1970-TO-1982-NEW-/260908811767?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cbf6085f7

mines a bit tatty, but it's yours for £25 plus postage if you want it. can get a picture if you're interested?

same one as one I got I had an issue with it getting hot at 75mph and temp rising but got a few things to try first and with a new rad going in the nose cone unfortunaly I don't think I can have a rad with filler cap on top that's why I will need a expansion bottle but thanks anyway steve will keep you in mind if change my mind

Guest mower man

Many different rads have been fitted and every body seems to think theirs is the best so its a case of try what ever fits,I run an RS2000esc / capri 2ltr rad with suck and blow o/flow tank it is a double row rad and works on my 2.1 it has twin electric fans with adjustable thermo switch .The biggest thing to ensure cooling is to get air running through the rad core not around it and also to get underbonnet hot air away as quickly , as possible,side vents etc even propping up the bonnet at the scuttle to allow hot air out ,it is a bit hit and miss and what works for me perhaps will not work for others . Other mods inc 82deg stat, exhaust wrap , waterwetters [ coolant adative] ,waterless coolant [v expensive] and many other tweaks HTH mowerman :acute:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snowy2

Measure the space you have and visit a local scrappers. its what i have done many times surprisingly small radiators will cool just fine if the air is ducted properly.

Guest Tim Norman

Just stopping the air getting past the rad is a good start. Getting the hot air out of the engine bay is good way to get more power and less uncomfortable feet!

Guest peter2b2002

still using the rad that came with the kit, does run a bit warm when pushed hard, other wise ok ish , full fire wall helps a lot

peter2b