What To Look For On An S7 When Buying ?

Guest Scotty

Guest Scotty

Hi guys, I'm looking at a Robin Hood s7 on Thursday based on a ford cortina. I would like some advise on what to look for as ive no idea.This car is correctly registered as a Robin Hood but I'm not sure where to find the vin/ identification on the car. Any common faults or things I should be looking for would be great fully appreciated thanks :-)

Edited by Scotty

Vin should be on the front offside of the chassis.

IMO if its registered I would just check the things you would on a normal car, but make sure it is registered correctly and numbers match.

S7s require various bits if strengthening to pass IVA now which if you search on here you will find a few posts on.

The VIN could be stamped anywhere on the main tub on a S7 as it was up to the builder to do this.

You need to check for cracks on the tub around -

The mounting points for the front sub frame (if fitted it may have a wishbone set up)

The mounting points around the bulkhead where the pedal box and servo is fitted

The seat mounts on the floor

All the mounting points for the rear axle and the boot floor around the springs

If it is fitted with a fifth link set up check the top of the diff case for cracks they have been known to pull out (if it has a fifth link remove it and fit the tie rod set up.

HTH.

Guest mower man

If its registered don't worry about IVA items it will not concern that car other wise as others have said ,general saftey items ,MOT items and you should be ok , but make sure on correct reg as a Robin Hood !! good luck and remember head should rule heart not the other way round ,walk away don't drown mowernan :acute: :clapping:

Guest Scotty

Hi guys, well I'm now the proud owner of a Robin Hood except its not an s7 it's an s6. I think ???. Thanks for all your advise it helped with looking over the car and getting a better price. :-)

Guest Scotty

Not sure about triumph parts,but according to build paperwork it's mostly cortina with wishbone front end supplied from RH with the kit. I will sort some pics out on Sunday.thanks guys :-))