Driving With The Top On!

Guest Darren2010

Did 85 miles in mine last night in the rain with the roof on. First time I've driven with the roof on with the new engine and bonnet chop. Lots of strange new noises, not as hot and stuffy as it used to get. Half that mileage was on the motorway with all the spray from the trucks so I was a bit cautious and stuck to my usual motorway speed.

haven't got as far as the hood or doors yet but i did have to drive in heavy rain back from SVA years ago. I have a windscreen and the wipers were working. Only problem was i didn't have any on the inside where the water was curling round the windscreen hitting the inside.

I've got clamshell mudgaurds on the front and this meant the water was flicked up and travelled along the car until it hit my exhaust can where it is launched upwards into the stream of air that then hits half of me

Still had a smile on my face was just very wet

would be interested to see how well deflectors work, but shoudln't be long before i finish my doors so hopefully won't have that problem

:)

Our 2b with a surrey keeps us dry in all but downpours, then just outside arm gets damp ( alright soaked) biggest problem is side winds when at traffic lights, then it blows in.

Finally made myself a Surrey....kept me dry when moving, though in the car park my "friend" lifted the roof up to move the pools of water.....which was dumped in my lap......special feeling!!

Have you tried getting in with roof on, doors on and crash helmet on too. No, well I have, but I won't be trying it again. Luckily I was still on the drive and nobody was around to see. I usually just have the roof on if its raining and leave the doors in the garage. I.ve been up and down the m1 like this with no indication of the top trying to blow away. I do leave 2 of the fasteners at the back near the spare wheel undone, this lets the air/pressure release from inside.