Bike Exhaust On Pinto?

kevin the chicken

Hi,

I've been looking for an exhaust for my second kit (sylva leader) and to keep costs down will be using a second hand one. I have seen quite a few from large bikes on ebay and wonder if one of these would be suitable for a pinto engine. Has anybody used one and if so what sort.

Regards

Kevin

Guest davidimurray

I have a gsxr 1000 can on mine on an 1800 pinto. Was reading 101db max wit the can as per bike. Put a db killer in the tail and dropped to 98/99db. Put another db killer in before the can and now down to 94db, although they may fall out after iva.

Guest mower man

Do it properly ,don't waste money on some thing not designed for the job ,buy a proper repackable . As for decible reducers ,they sap power and can cause o/heating again a waste of money .My ops only . :aggressive: mower man

Hi,

I've been looking for an exhaust for my second kit (sylva leader) and to keep costs down will be using a second hand one. I have seen quite a few from large bikes on ebay and wonder if one of these would be suitable for a pinto engine. Has anybody used one and if so what sort.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin - I'm in the same boat at the moment looking to fit a bike can to a Pinto motor. I was originally going to buy a brand new st.stl Martin Keenan silencer but the overtime has dried up at work so am now having to do it on the cheap too.

A friend gave me the original silencer off his Fireblade for nothing - he assures me that it was embarassingly quiet on the blade so hopefully it will go through IVA with it ok and the best part is that none of the bikers want them so you can pick them up on Ebay for £20 or sometimes less which is why he never bothered selling it. It's also incredibly light.

The Blade can is a 3 fixing 'bolt on' flange jobbie rather than a slip on type. So I'm going to fab up a flange to fit with a flexi welded to it so should hopefully be a fairly easy fit. Its riveted at the ends so is repackable and just then needs a 90 degree rolled tip exit pipe swapping on the rear and hopefully job done.

Cheers

Tony

FIREBLADE_CAN_1_zps1c16d139.jpg

Fireblade_can_2_snipped_zps4757ad52.jpg

FIREBLADE_CAN_3_zps9c80c941.jpg

FIREBLADE_CAN_4_zpsd9fe8903.jpg

It certainly looks ok, thanks for the photos they are helpful. As you say there's plenty on eBay, I got one that looks pretty mint for thirty quid. I will see what its like when it arrives, certainly a lot cheaper than a proper car one. Its for an old car Thats quite tatty anyway.

Regards

Kevin