Superspec Front Suspension

alanrichey

Thanks, good stuff. I must admit I had assumed the camber could be adjusted by simply adjusting the nut that I can see under all the protective tape. I see now what you mean about it being only a single turn.

And yes, my top wishbone does slope slightly down, but not by much and I get the impression that when I sit in it, maybe with a passenger, it will be almost horizontal.

And my 'mushroom' dummy strut looks as though it has also been welded to the hub as well as being held by the pinch bolt. I know the previous owner wouldn't have done that so might it have been done by RH before sale ?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if they welded it as the hub will be cast and difficult to weld to. You might be seeing the weld on the dummy strut as all it really is is a metal tube with a end cap welded on and a tapered hole drilled. Probably a few years worth of crud around the joint too hiding the split.

Post a pic if you get stuck, also check there isn't a roll pin or bolt through the side into the strut as it won't move for sure if there is.

Guest Ian & Carole

If your "dummy strut" is secure, the other way is to drop the two wish bone bolts out and rotate the whole wish bone one full 360 further onto the top ball joint.

IMHO this is easier than disturbing the dummy strut and top ball joint.