Engine Temp

gncgray

hi I have a brand new black top in my s7 and it runs at around 100c -115c mark !!!!!!! if you manage to get yours to run cooler pls let me know how cos ive fitted an 82c stat a 3 core rad an adj fan switch more vents in engine bay and still the temps don't change

hi I have a brand new black top in my s7 and it runs at around 100c -115c mark !!!!!!! if you manage to get yours to run cooler pls let me know how cos ive fitted an 82c stat a 3 core rad an adj fan switch more vents in engine bay and still the temps don't change

do you have a heater matrix? My stylus did exactly that because it was plumbed wrong by the builder he dumped the heater return into the bottom hose.....

Ta for all your replies.

By the sounds of it the car is running about right then....high 90's seems to be the norm. I had it on fast idle about 3500 rpm for about 15mins and she got so hot the fuse holders cover melted on the bulkhead!!

Just a thought does the fan sit on the nose cone side of the rad or engine side like modern cars?

Ta

Graham

hi my heater matrix exits into the bottom hose as per the routing pics on retro fords site .... if your heater returns to the top hose then when thermostat opens the heater will be luke warm at best if not just cold ? or am I missing something ?? which is pretty normal !!